Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
1997 502 EFI cranks but won't start, will try and run after shot of starter fluid >

1997 502 EFI cranks but won't start, will try and run after shot of starter fluid

Notices

1997 502 EFI cranks but won't start, will try and run after shot of starter fluid

Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it started last night! I found a thread in the forums by a member that was having very similar problems and said that the fluid they use to clean the injectors can get stuck in the injector. So all I ended up doing was cranking cycles and sure enough I finally started hearing it start to wanna come alive. Finally few more cranks and walla alive and running perfect. Unbelievable pulling my hair out looking for problem that didn't exist.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I bet it was air in the fuel system as it finally got purged out. I have cleaned and flowed tested 1000's of injectors for over 5 years now and never had that problem after cleaning and then flow testing them as for 8 injectors getting stuck or even one injector getting stuck after the process. Just saying.

25% of those services I have personally reinstalled those injectors for all kinds of different marine apps and still never had that problem but I always properly prime the fuel system before start up so IMO that was your problem. I will add if Marren totally 100% purges their finally testing fluid from the injectors I could seeing that happening Maybe but all 8 injectors totally stuck that's almost impossible.