Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Help me out with some leaky valve covers >

Help me out with some leaky valve covers

Notices

Help me out with some leaky valve covers

Old 09-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I went to the store and looked at new spreaders valve covers and gaskets. I picked out some new valve covers and spreaders and then asked about what they had for gaskets. I ended up instaling the new fel pro permadryplus gaskets with my old bent up valve covers.

So far no leaks.

I used to glue with rtv or hi tach the gasket to the valve cover and then put a bead of rtv on the gasket and then bolt the valve cover down. This is how I bent up my valve covers trying to get them loose.

Later I would rtv the gasket to just the valve cover so that I would not have to scrape the old gasket off the head.

if these new permadryplus gaskets work they are the easiest and quickest way to seal up bent up parts. I would like to try a set on my oil pan.

I know this differs from the old school and this is a brand new product. I will let you know if they start leaking. Has anyone had any trouble with these?

Thanks