Notices

Carb to EFI

Old 11-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went black...er...I mean EFI and I will never go back. We did a lot of pretty nonstandard mods. Haxby and Mark both made it a piece of cake and I got great results.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

I upgraded to EFI on both my motors, bout some used FAST EFI systems, holley single plane intakes, 1000cfm throttle bodies off EBAY, and some Walbro 255LPH pumps. I will never go back to carbed! I had Holley on my drag car, really nice set-up. You can use a RACEPAC dash with some interface modules and have the top dog. For you, the Holley HP will work perfect, and will do more than you need!
Old 11-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnSchiavarelli
Price is yet to be determined. The 1000cfm kit is around 2800 or so. Without a fuel pump and injectors. the injectors are around $350. I have not decided on a fuel pump yet, not sure which direction to go there. You also have to factor in anything related to ignition system. Crank trigger, cam sensor, ect.. I can post a far more accurate figure when I get more into the prohject.
Had a few buddies have really good luck with the Holley EFI fuel pumps. I bought a Holley 12-890 a few months back. Should be reporting shortly on how it performs. Really it's likely overkill at around 650hp. We will see.

Went coil on plug as well, batch fire per Alex's advice. Bought Delco D585 high output LsX coils and 58x wheel. Buying some other parts a la carte. A big thanks to gimmefuel! Gave me the inspiration for ditching my distribitor in the first place.

Last edited by Borgie; 11-25-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did one using older style gm coilpacks from the northstar set up with the omc distributor delete stub.on a gen 5 put the coils on the bellhousing just loved it when people went whoa ! No distrbutor !
Old 11-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 825 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Borgie
Delco D585 high output LsX
I happen to stumble across a couple of 2002 silverado's and scored the whole coil assembies w/ harness.best part,$40 each.I even took a couple of coils as spares.so if you can walk a junk yard,,keep a 10mm socket and ratchet handy.