Dyno proven 675-700 HP 540CI recipes? >

Dyno proven 675-700 HP 540CI recipes?

Notices

Dyno proven 675-700 HP 540CI recipes?

Old 08-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Sure, would you like me to post it along with the email attached ?
I feel slighted. I never got the e-mail (not that I would use it) but I bet it's a good read.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

All i know, is that a simple search of summits website, with over 1200 big block hydraulic roller grinds , there are only about a dozen over .630 lift with a 1.7 rocker. And the ones that do have that much lift, do not have a little 241 degree duration, nor are they recommended for endurance use.

Now, i am certainly no cam expert, but i must ask, why is it that crane, lunati, howards, erson, comp, or a few custom grinders i spoke with on this topic, use these big lobes on a short duration hydraulic endurance cam. Maybe they all need to come to oso and learn a thing or two .

Maybe thats the reason for 600lbs of spring pressure on an engine that will stay south of 6000 rpm, but others have been running 450lbs of open pressure in offshore hyd roller engines for years with sucess, going 300, 400+ hours. But hey, if it makes a good dyno number... who cares if you have to idle it for 30 minutes coming out of a cove with 600lbs of spring pressure

Ask carson brummet how those high lift short durarion hydraulic combos worked in his turbo engines. Let me guess, hes a wanna be too ??
Old 08-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

With all this $, headache, and carnage...wouldnt it have been easier to sell the boat and buy another with bigger power? I know where there is a hella nice mistress in MI that could be had for 45k with bigger power in it. Has TRS drives but it runs solid.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRider
With all this $, headache, and carnage...wouldnt it have been easier to ...snip
Take it to a pro? Probably. But isn't this how we learn?!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

With all this $, headache, and carnage...wouldnt it have been easier to sell the boat and buy another with bigger power? I know where there is a hella nice mistress in MI that could be had for 45k with bigger power in it. Has TRS drives but it runs solid.
No because I know why I have and now it's right, was it a perfect build? Nope but my. Boat is why I want, cosmetics good, interior is my design, engines what I wanted, yes it has been a learning experience, I am not a fool like a few might think, i did it myself with a buddy it's right now and it is what it is, not happy with not gaining any speeds but at least I have rock solid parts....

What mistress for sale? The one on eBay?
Old 08-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 4,813 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Oh look Orlandi came out of the woodwork and he didn`t self promote or pat himself on the back or tell us how awesome he and EFI is.. Hope everything is ok!!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Cole2534
Take it to a pro? Probably. But isn't this how we learn?!
Pros have failures also I know many story's where guys spend much more then me and have not had success and had issues but out double or triple the money..... Read around... Many horror story's.... Many
Old 08-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
No because I know why I have and now it's right, was it a perfect build? Nope but my. Boat is why I want, cosmetics good, interior is my design, engines what I wanted, yes it has been a learning experience, I am not a fool like a few might think, i did it myself with a buddy it's right now and it is what it is, not happy with not gaining any speeds but at least I have rock solid parts....

What mistress for sale? The one on eBay?
An Engineer I work with has it. NA tall decks
Old 08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

An Engineer I work with has it. NA tall decks
I mean trust me I look back at times and say wtf, but you and I know with a different boat who knows to what you get, I do love my boat though over many of the mistress's I see and don't like the glass window ones and you do t see as many with windscreen
Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Pros have failures also I know many story's where guys spend much more then me and have not had success and had issues but out double or triple the money..... Read around... Many horror story's.... Many
I did a fair amount of research to find the best mechanic in my area. The guy still screwed up plenty on my boat. I've had better luck here on OSO with a few wrenches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.