Still Looking! >

Still Looking!

Notices

Still Looking!

Old 01-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,250 Likes on 543 Posts

Twin engine boats under 30 feet are often VERY difficult to work on. Keep that in mind.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

If I had the money I'd have triples... nothing says BAD ASS like three shiny drives hanging off the back! When I work on mine I wish it was a $ingle... in retrospect that's what I should have bought being our first boat and all, so we settled in between. Practicality= single, ego and speed= twins lol. So far this has been my experience as a new go-fast owner.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:08 AM
m50
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still trying to find the right boat for me. I have run across a cple. of Challengers does anyone know much about them? I noticed they are not listed in the classifieds on here
thanks RB.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the 7 mph is about all a twin boat will do with 1 non-running engine. BUT that is 7 mph faster than a single engine boat with 1 non-running engine...buy the highest quality best condition hull you can. engines are the easiest and cheapest part of a boat. stay away from old novas with twins for 5000 bucks...
Old 02-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by m50
I am still trying to find the right boat for me. I have run across a cple. of Challengers does anyone know much about them? I noticed they are not listed in the classifieds on here
thanks RB.
No longer in business, and my limited exposure to them was not good.
I helped a random guy in FL years ago try to track down an electrical malfunction that affected everything from his stereo to engine hatch to drive trim; on his BRAND new boat. All he could do was start and stop the engine. In peering around looking for fuses and such, came across cabin/helm construction that was nothing more that black painted plywood and wood screws. I am sorry to say it, but that experience left a bad taste in my mouth. For the price point though; they are right for someone.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
the 7 mph is about all a twin boat will do with 1 non-running engine. BUT that is 7 mph faster than a single engine boat with 1 non-running engine...buy the highest quality best condition hull you can. engines are the easiest and cheapest part of a boat. stay away from old novas with twins for 5000 bucks...

True points on single vs. twin. Twins almost always get you home at some point.

FWIW, I can bring my twin up on one engine/drive and run about 30mph or so when needed, but it's not a great idea with all the stress on that drive.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Twin engine boats under 30 feet are often VERY difficult to work on. Keep that in mind.
Brian, I might have to disagree with this statement. Small blocks leaves a lot more room than the big blocks. Now the Active is more accessible from the front though.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by abmotorman
Brian, I might have to disagree with this statement. Small blocks leaves a lot more room than the big blocks. Now the Active is more accessible from the front though.
That's why I said often. A lot depends on gunwale/bulkhead/engine hatch/back seat configuration.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brain how's the Jet coming.....
Old 02-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Cole-One
Brain how's the Jet coming.....
I've made a few changes in the barn; and am working on getting the Speedliner Cat in the water for Spring.
I see you guys have a new horizon as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.