Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Procharger intercooler froze! >

Procharger intercooler froze!

Notices

Procharger intercooler froze!

Old 04-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

One would think so, but just cause you can touch the riser without being burned doesn't mean you can stick your fingers in the exhaust stream in the same area...what temp is marine exh hose rated for? I tried white PVC plumbing pipe once. Lasted a couple weeks.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the blue silicone hump hoses to correct an out of alignment issue and they worked great. I did grind a little off of the bell on the riser to give some clearance. The bell on the riser was touching the y pipe and caused the black hose to melt. the hump hoses will bend a little better than straight hose and allow more cooling water around the connection. The blue hose is higher temp rated too
Old 04-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
One would think so, but just cause you can touch the riser without being burned doesn't mean you can stick your fingers in the exhaust stream in the same area...what temp is marine exh hose rated for? I tried white PVC plumbing pipe once. Lasted a couple weeks.
I looked up several marine exhaust hose suppliers, and they all seemed to be rated for either 250* or 350*. Sounds like this should work.