Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Nothing left to check?  VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring >

Nothing left to check? VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring

Notices

Nothing left to check? VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring

Old 05-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUP and SB, thank you so much. It looks like Rock Auto was wrong then on my injector part numbers. I checked the part number you sent me, and it didn't match the Standard TJ11 list of compatible injectors. They are apparently flow rated at 90.77 lbs, which is less than the black/yellows? I am 99% sure my engine is running rich though, so I'm not sure I am on the right path yet.

Maybe I should put it in the water tonight and do a few runs to see if it seems lean under load. It runs like crap, but it runs.

SB - are you able to get those injectors? Your inbox is full btw, I wanted to pm you about paying for them.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:39 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,217 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Originally Posted by nunnink23
BUP and SB, thank you so much. It looks like Rock Auto was wrong then on my injector part numbers. I checked the part number you sent me, and it didn't match the Standard TJ11 list of compatible injectors. They are apparently flow rated at 90.77 lbs, which is less than the black/yellows? I am 99% sure my engine is running rich though, so I'm not sure I am on the right path yet.

Maybe I should put it in the water tonight and do a few runs to see if it seems lean under load. It runs like crap, but it runs.

SB - are you able to get those injectors? Your inbox is full btw, I wanted to pm you about paying for them.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...-tbi-injectors
Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 AM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Schweet. In my notes about the black/yellows:
=================================
61 pph @ 13 psi
NOTE: used on some marine engines at 26-32psi
100 pph @ 30 psi
=================================

Now, the common 5.7 truck/car injectors are the 5235206's (orange/black) whuch typically flow near/at the 61pph at 13psi too.

More tomorrow. I just came in, saw the email with response by BUP, and my mind got triggerred. It happens, lol. Had to respond before I forgot.

Oh, BTW: #'s I have listed above ae what are stamped on top of tbi injectors
Okay, GM came out with several different flow rate 'size' injectos to run at higher pressures. Like the '0301's for some boats and the '4288' 94-95 7.4L trucks

So.......5206's may not work at higher psi's.....say's GM's reason for other high psi injectors....but I know a few people that have run there low psi injectors higher than even the 30psi's of the boat app's and 94/95 7.4L trucks. Lucky ? I dunno.

Best bet in your case of course, run what is supposed to be in there. Which you are trying to do.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:02 AM
SB
Registered

I believe this to be the base gasket for your app to use - Is it what you have installed ?

Old 05-17-2015, 11:22 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Here is the OEM set up - have no idea if your app is 100 % stock set up

This is the best I can do for posting OEM info trying to find it on the net.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Ha..._193116_01.png

Last edited by BUP; 05-17-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
I believe this to be the base gasket for your app to use - Is it what you have installed ?

Yes that is my base gasket. What should we do about the injectors? I thought it was running rich but then again, the cold start problem is a lean condition, because if you give it some fuel manually it will start up cold no problem.

I am going to put it in this afternoon to see if it feels lean or rich. I honestly don't mind if I have to throw money at a few injectors, I just want to fix it lol!

What is the availability of the injevtors you mentioned?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:57 PM
SB
Registered

See post #172 and read it. He go one of those sets and is all set.

He provided same link as you. Question is which of the 3 rockauto injectors did he chose ?

I'm home and going back out in the yard and then off to dump + family get together. Plus, I'm on home computer that doesn't have much info stoed on it.

Basically, no guaantees if I can find those injectors today.

We'll see.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

SB - this is the topic I originally used to find my injectors.

Now I'm not sure if they are right. I'm going to look at the numbers on them if I can still read them.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Registered

Well I have a confirmed lean condition as far as I'm concerned. I replaced the IAT sensor, and still have the same cold start problem. I poured some fuel in the intake, bam fired right up, ran for 30 seconds, stalled, then restarted with two attempts. Still horrible hesitation when revving on land. I'm getting ready to put it in the water. At this point I would rwther work on it in the water. I can't See any part numbers on my original injevtors either.

Idk what to do guys? Should we just try the other two injectors from rock auto? The part number SB listed for a yellow/black injector seems available in some places still, but one of the numbers crosses back to the TJ11's I have.

Should I just buy the scan tool now?
Old 05-17-2015, 02:53 PM
Registered

Hi nunn you sure are complicating thing's...Could you post the id number on your old injector's it seem's you have a modifyed 5.7 going on there. Could you also post a pic of the port for that intake temp sensor. Who changed out the mefi3 to 4 do you know this whole setup is odd i believe the orignal map sensor already acts as a IAT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.