Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Nothing left to check?  VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring >

Nothing left to check? VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring

Notices

Nothing left to check? VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring

Old 05-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm well take a positive approach to it open up a koolaid stand on the beach featuring hot deal's on on TBI injector's you cant miss,,,,

Cold and cloudy here to no boating for myself either working like a dog..Fire that thing up and take some pics of the read out's makes it simple.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:16 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

If you could scan it and post all your parameters from the scan would be easier for the both of us. Take a good look at MAP volts. 1 to 2 volts MAX at idle. I have no idea if your engine will idle. Sorry I have not stayed with this. I am not even home yet from the maylay of boats that I had to work on this whole week, been gone for 3 straight days but have stayed in some really nice lake houses.

After all this we are going to rain all weekend and have rained most of the week. Unreal.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Registered

Would you believe one of my injectors was bad out of the box? I swapped leads, problem remained. Put the Tj11 back in, problem solved. Put both tj11s in, forced it to start, and here we are.

On the winter casualty list too, my garmin... Not even a year old and it won't turn on. That must be under warranty.

as I write this I am recording my ecm data to post later. I also developed a lifter noise (or I hope it's just a lifter.)

Since all the data looks normal, I think im pulling the timing cover off tomorrow and the valve covers to adjust the valves afain, and make sure my timing is correct. This is incredibly disappointing. I am going to start running out of money to throw at this. I just bought my first house which needs a fair amount of work. I hope I can get this runnig before I have to cut my losses and put a carb on it.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Registered

Nunn i wasnt kidding you when i said the 11's were to large they run 90lb at 13psi at 30 there probably trying to run 120/140 psi and simply are stalling. You will see a big diff with the 46lb injector.Sorry to hear about the nav.

Last edited by Tail_Gunner; 05-23-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tail_Gunner
Nunn i wasnt kidding you when i said the 11's were to they run 90lb at 13psi at 30 there probably trying to run 120/140 psi and simply are stalling. You will see a big diff with the 46lb injector.Sorry to hear about the nav.
But I am 100% sure I have a lean start problem. all it needs is extra fuel to start. Just pour a little down the intake and it starts.

Once it's warm, It idles.

I think I'm pulling the timing cover tomorrow. I really am starting to think its off a tooth. It just doesn't make sense! Yes, it idles smooth, and yes it holds rpms smooth once u get it there out of gear...

How could my original injevtors be bad, but still spraying. I don't think its the Injectors. They worked fine last year... And they flowed fine when tested... The cam timing has to be off. It just has to be. Nothing else adds up.

Btw don't want to sound like a complainer.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Registered

Ok chase it down the ecm triggers the injector pulse, what triigers the ecm to short or trigger. Go back to iboats and read the efi diag manual.

you can take a 9 volt battery and trigger your old injectors to your satisfaction.

Last edited by Pliant; 05-23-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:39 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,177 Likes on 1,433 Posts

Everyone stop for a minute...

Nunnin - you just installed another set of injectors you believe now to be the right ones,,,right ?

And one was dead on arrival ?

So why are we moving on to other things ?
Old 05-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

He has the tinker bug on full, when the high psi injectors arrive it will answer a few questions.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pliant
He has the tinker bug on full, when the high psi injectors arrive it will answer a few questions.
Lol well who knows how long that will take to get them. And here's the thing, I put one TJ11 in, in place of the bad OEM one... It wouldn't kick. the TJ11's are the only ones that will EVENTUALLY start this engine.

I'm seriously starting to think its the cam timing, and we are all assuming the injextors just based on the fact it will start easy if I pour fuel onto the butterfly's. What if the cam timing retarded one tooth? It would probably cause this too. The only question is why does it run so smooth. But at this point I have nothing else to check, so why not do that and rule it out. I couldn't get in touch with the guy who sold me these Injextors yesterday or today. I hope I can soon so I can exchange the bad one, or both.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered

Yes this is a condition called tinkeritis, a condition that runs rampart in most of the boating community. The only known cure is blow a lot of dough and rethink were you went wrong and start over again of course......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.