Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Nothing left to check?  VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring >

Nothing left to check? VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring

Notices

Nothing left to check? VP 5.7GSI wont start - good fuel pressure, good ecm, wiring

Old 05-28-2015, 12:58 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,233 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by nunnink23
Edit 2: How long do I need to wait for RTV Ultra Black to cure? The tube says nothing about cure time. My father put the timing cover on for me this morning, so I was hoping to put the rest together tonight and try to fire her up.
I go thru about 10 tubes Ultra Black a week. Pretty much all I use. Just got back from using it on a Rear End Cover.

It's usually good to go right when you are done with whatever job you are using it on. Waterpumps, oil pans, etc,etc. Oh, speaking of which, many OE imported cars don't use oil pan gaskets, just RTV, and I use ultra black for those and have engine fired up within 1/2 hr after.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:58 PM
SB
Registered

Oh, full cure time is about 24hrs I believe.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:59 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I never said no one ever needed me nor looking for huge praise. Like I said I try to post a lot extra stuff on top of info - that I really try to be 100 % about. Jeez give me break - if this bothers you let me know -

I might be taking your post wrong to if so sorry

Last edited by BUP; 05-28-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:02 PM
SB
Registered

Nunnink, read the manual (especially last half) a few times. Excellent pointers on everything. Like, they make it a point to point out some major things, pointers.

Still in awe the info they give.

Most of our resources in the auto world aren't 1/4 as resourceful as that is.

1 of many examples: Did you read the pointer about Baro and starting with a voltage source that dips under 9.8 volts for split second before firing ? Awesome info !
Old 05-28-2015, 01:05 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I never said no one ever needed me nor looking for huge praise. Like I said I try to post a lot extra stuff on top of info - that I really try to be 100 % about. Jeez give me break - if this bothers you let me know -
Take a deep breath. We are thanking you - not schitting on you. We are not 'those guys.'

Typing/reading does not portray actual emotion, therefore why I am attempting another way to let you know.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we shall see later on this evening then! I will put it all back together and try it out.

I really do appreciate all this help. I'm pretty anal about doing these jobs normally, and I would have taken a lot of photos on disassembly. But I thought I would remember. Unfortunately it took a few months to get the motor back in since the boat got snowed in pretty badly and u started to forget some stuff
Old 05-28-2015, 01:21 PM
BUP
Banned

In any of the service manuals and or training class manual in which SB posted - this is the actual class training manual for 2004 or possible 2005 that Volvo teaches at about 5 locations around the US back in that timeframe.

Anyways - you have to watch out for the info because some of can jump around and some of it is not specific to your exact motor / app. You have to make sure it applies to your app - meaning model designations and or serial numbers and year model in the mix. Just saying.

If you can post the 2008 version of the class training manual If I recall they might have the whole MEFI conversion set up. Have no idea how you found this class manuals. I do have the same but in storage.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:24 PM
BUP
Banned

Im fine was not pointing a finger here -

Up here is 2 fold for me if I ever get back to the level in the boating industry like I use to be .
Old 05-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey - totally off topic, but what is your opinion of Four Winns? I only have a 248 vista now, but I wanted to get a 318 vista in the spring of 2017, or a 310 sundancer. Both 2009.

Jw since you are a dealer and have probably seen tons.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:50 PM
BUP
Banned

You have the Genmar ( Irwin Jacobs ) at that time he owned 15 boat manu companies. Four Winns, Glastron , Larson and so on. The guy ran all the companies in the ground lasted to 2010 then a huge bankrupt filing. Volvo felt his pain because he owed them huge.

Nothing special about their builds.- To add - Glastron and Larson biggest low quality family boats on the market, that fall apart

Four Winns a good size step up in quality but nothing close to Cobalt.

The current Four Winns is not own nor built by Genmar ( Jacobs) - they are better built. currently than when they were a Genmar. company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.