Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
what kind of boat is this >

what kind of boat is this

Notices

what kind of boat is this

Old 05-24-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here some more pics. This things got a step to! Not many people were doing that in 1990.

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (05-22-2020)
Old 05-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look to be 365 mag motors..hence you can see the high rise intake manifolds..see if a magnet sticks to them..the boat def needs some tlc..worse case if they run and everything mechanical you have works theres at least 10 k in parts that can be sold.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

look at the rust around the choke stoves.ever seen rust on aluminum?
Old 05-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 492 Posts

Looks like an old boat with old engines. It's history and built seems dubious so resale will always be an issue. If you're a guy who can rebuild everything from scratch and looking for a project that will probably lose money then make an offer.

My way of thinking, the initial question "what kind of boat is this?" I would have to answer........ "The kind with lots of headaches that I don't need and no reward at the end."

RR
Old 05-24-2015, 11:32 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Will add boats that sit outside even under a carport like this and 8 years is a very long time most have fuel related problems that all start at the gas tanks. If you are not able to get to the gas tanks and possible to pull them out - you will have on going problems that will seem to never end. You will need an open wallet to have a reliable boat on the water. Boats that sit for long periods of time do not hold up well

Last edited by BUP; 05-24-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be leery of spending that much on a Cigarette or Apache rigged with those motors and in that shape, let alone a pretty much unknown hull...IJS
Old 05-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here a picture I zoomed in on the intake looks to be aluminum. I'm at the river today I'll be back at the boat tomorrow I gonna take some more pictures. The boat is actually it really good shape. It was in fresh water its whole life. Didn't get used much which I agree can be a bad thing. If I wash this thing up you would think I just took it out yesterday. I'm gonna scope it out some more tomorrow. Money isn't really a issue. I'm gonna talk to the lady Monday. Gonna offer her 5k.
Thanks for the info every one

[AURL=http://s47.photobucket.com/user/wideopenford/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-05-24-11-53-41.png.html][/URL]
Old 05-24-2015, 05:00 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Let me how it works out I was thinking maybe 3 to 4 max. I do know someone that might be interested who would want to splash the bottom and improve upon it. He is looking for around 28 to 32 ft range to produce a couple of V hulls from. He is moving to TN and wants to start making a few V hull boats but has no V- hull molds as of yet to do so..
Old 05-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

It's very well possible you'll end up fine. I don't think I need to mention it's a gamble but you can't pick up much for 5k. Trailer included? Worst case you can always part it out. If your able to I'd pull the plugs and role the engines over either by hand or heck if everything is still in place see if you can bump the starter / key - jumpers etc. Look for any signs of manifold or block cracks. Take a ball peen hammer and tap around on the outer transom and listen for any variances indicating transom rot. Good luck
Old 05-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can get that thing for $5K, I would think the trailer would bring half of that. If the engines and drives are salvageable, you could probably part those out and make back the rest of your money. Looks like it has closed cooling, so that should lessen the odds of freeze cracking or corrosion. I like the styling of it from the front, but not crazy about the stern layout - reminds me of some of the old Chris Crafts. Check the hull out really well - the boat industry was dealing with the recession back in the early 90's and a lot of corners were being cut. Hell, if you get it for really cheap, and it floats, tow it out to a cove and you and your buddies can take that Bud and pizza party out on the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.