Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Drive oil bottle resovoir -- whos cheapest? >

Drive oil bottle resovoir -- whos cheapest?

Notices

Drive oil bottle resovoir -- whos cheapest?

Old 09-10-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive oil bottle resovoir -- whos cheapest?

My damn clear oil bottle resovoir for the drive fluid is cracked and leaking out the bottom.
I tried schmegging it from the bottom but it is not holding fluid
who has these cheap
I see BAM has them for $58.21
it is a bottle, WTF

Any help out there?
I vaugely remember someone (Audio perhaps) saying they were 24 bucks somewhere

Anyone??? Buehler? Buehler???
Old 09-10-2002, 09:17 AM
Registered

does that thing run yet or what????
Old 09-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Engines are out again, being picked up by engine builder today
going to have them torn down again and find out wtf is going on with no oil pressure in both engines.
few guess's from some people
Main bearings wiped
Cam bearings wiped
2 bad oil pumps (engine builders guess)

we shall see
but no she has not run since last time when I got about 3 miles from marina and noticed that I had 5 psi in one engine and 15 psi in other engine at 3800 RPM's and had major issues with prop blow out.
revving at 4000 RPM's and not moving, drives tucked all the way in and nothing. no bite at all
Need NEW PROPS
Need suggestions with that too, Hot Duck suggested finding a prop swap program and starting around 27 and working my way up.

Any suggestions Joe?

Jason
Old 09-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

run what you got for props and base line it!...if that boat got on plane with those props at one time it will do it agian uless something changed and NOT in the engine!!! if i remember,,,,you could not pull those props anyway...my guess (what do i know right) you will never pull any more prop than a 28 with 500hp a side!....you can run well into the hi 80's with 30's...it will take WAY more hp and external dail in for that to happen....baja's F2 boat on the pro circut never did it...
Old 09-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Registered

Right now im running Mirage 21 P 3 blade props

What happened from testing first time out to second time out with friends was
#1 weight
going from 2 people testing to 6 people total and a full tank of gas and engine hatch and back seats and all cusions ect on board.

Probably added about 1000-1200 lbs with fuel, engine hatch, back seats, 6 people

Now another thing, when I go to take off, I put my drives all the way down okay
start laying into throttles a bit and bringing it up to about 2500 or so man this thing stands the hell UP, Cant see $hit for 15 seconds or so
I thought with 21 pitch, this thing would dart out of the hole like nobodies business?
I dont want to just dump the throttles down and lay into them for fear of breaking something drive related
is this normal as well?
Talk to me goose
Jason
Old 09-10-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered

sounds like with a full load you can't pull those 21's...going up will make it WAY worse if we are talking about blow out!...i never get on plane over 3000rpms... but you got do what you gota do for your boat....for the most part in simple terms....you are exceeding your boats ability to accelerate faster than 21 inches per revolution at that point and drag cof.

put a larger difuser ring on if you still have a problem...u can always moe it back down!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:58 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jason you have to get in touch with Biggus. His boat came out of the hole like not tomarrow. I am talking like a couple seconds. He was turning 25" Mirage plus props I believe with stock 330's. I know I have said this before but it never seems to get noticed from ya. Biggus's boat is known reliable. Set up correctly, and running with ZERO problems for years!!! I think when he sold it he had over 700 hours on it!!! With the 25's I think he was VERY close to 70 if not just over 70 with STOCK 330's!!!! Isnt that the speeds you were looking for when you started this whole saga? Audacity has said it many times and so have I SET UP SET UP SET UP. You can put a huge motor in a car, truck, plane, but if the tires are not right, wrong prop, boxes for wings it will not go through the water, drive down the street, or fly. I would tell the builder to mellow out the motors and enjoy the boat and spend you time with set up and enjoying the boat.

As far as the props I would guess that it is possible that you spun your hubs perhaps. Another possibility is that your coupler broke.

Jon
Old 09-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Registered

Which way are your drives turning? Any chance they were switched, turning in?
Gary
Old 09-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

dude! brovos?...if change your drives they STILL turn the same way, they just use a different gear to do it! you have to physically change the actuation of it! good try
Old 09-10-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

audacity
I'm aware of that, but I drove a 34 Baja express cruiser a couple years ago that stood on it's nose before planing and was a PITA to manuver around the docks. Looked off the transom and the props were turning in. I'm guessing they switched it for the additional 1-2mph top end.
Gary

Quick Reply: Drive oil bottle resovoir -- whos cheapest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.