Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Blown Formula,
I will check this out this weekend.

Rick
Old 09-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,

I have the same problem and my boat is 11 years old. The three drives will be close if there is no resistance (Rack or Sitting in the water), but they will be off a little depending upon the load.
3 pumps, 6 hydraulic cylinders and 11 years - I don't expect them to be perfect. They are usually within 1/2 to 1 mark on my indicator. Under power I trim and then use the individual switches to fine tune.

Your situation is a little bit different - the boat is pristine and everything is essentially brand new.
I would double check all of the electrical connections first. Both at the pump and at the dash. In a new boat something may have come a little bit loose and it requires more amperage to move the drives under load. The slow pump might not be getting enough juice. An easy way to test would be to hook up a voltmeter to each pump and run the leads to the cockpit. Have Wendy read you the stabalized voltage when the boat is moving and you hit the switch. If they are different then you have found your problem! I will be out of town this weekend but I would be happy to help next week or weekend.
If the supply voltages match then you may have a bad pump and pursue it as a warranty. Make sure they hold onto the old pump(s) until you are satisfied. The new pump may be a little off from the pumps made last year and you may wish you could put the old one back in.
You can also play with oil weights until everything matches. Lighter weight oil flows faster. But then they will move at different speeds when you are at idle.

Give me a call if you have any questions. We had a good time at the poker run.

Steve
Old 09-13-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RV, your pm box is full, must delete otuging messages to get space again.

anyway here was my message:

RV, if you end up buying new indicators, i am interested in what you take off for the drives. I have those stupid merc guages that literally don't work. and my pumps run at different speeds. have to go by feel and count one..one thousand.... ect. real pain. my treasure would be your junk in this case

let me know

thanks
Rob Hamelink
Rambunctious
Old 09-13-2002, 12:30 PM
rv
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rob,
Thanks for the heads up on the PM box. Not sure what I will be doing yet but if I go with different indicator setup I will keep your request in mind.

Rick