Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Hey you F'n1 and F'n2 guys give it up... >

Hey you F'n1 and F'n2 guys give it up...

Notices

Hey you F'n1 and F'n2 guys give it up...

Old 09-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey you F'n1 and F'n2 guys give it up...

Like myself it seems us pleasure boaters are **** up creek with these Bravo drives.
Can you clue us in on how we can get some power through these things, or is it a race team secret????
What works and what dosen't
Don't worry we won't tell.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:34 AM
Registered

it has A LOT to do with how you throttle...also how much the boat weighs, and what props your spin'n.

only blown one drive!..ZERO on a race boat...we still have worlds
Old 09-13-2002, 07:26 AM
Offshore Addiction

never blown a drive either.......still use the same one.....2 1/2 years old,also built a drive for old a boat rules that survived with 785 hp,106+ mile an hour........thats a fact jack

Old 09-13-2002, 07:34 AM
Registered

you going to step up to the f2 in 2003 or what OA????
Old 09-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Offshore Addiction

great question,same answer......my boat was purchased through one of APBA's sponsors 2 1/2 years ago.....I cant even get an MSO on this boat.....cant take it outta the country,cant register it,cant SELL IT......workin on puttin carter read in jail as we speak and recovering my contract money,the money he stole from me and getting the legal documents or having there old bank refund my bank.......IM STUCK AND BAD

Old 09-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I just bought two Max machine upgrades for my old drives from Jason at MMW. He says he has people running 1200 HP. They should be on the way and I shold have them next week.
I'm no racer but I was told by Tyler Crockett that this is what he has seen work and work well.

What Jason says makes sence. Reinforce the tower and put better parts in it for long life. The thing that caught my eye is that he uses not stainless shafts but an alloy steel type that is plated for rust resistance. From my experience stailess steel is brittle compared to "regular" steel. I am speking from memory but if you want the all lowdown call Jason he is great to talk to.

I hope to install them and run them before the snow fly's but I wont have much time on them this year.

http://www.mbrmaxmachineworx.com

P.S. $6350.00 each +-

Last edited by Raypanic; 09-13-2002 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Do they make better quality gear sets that we can use in the IMCO SC...XR style ones?
Old 09-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

Also...Is there a better drive lube out there than the Merc High-Perf. synthetic stuuf?
Do you guys run those drive temp/gauge kits?
Whats too hot? 250*+?
Old 09-14-2002, 06:03 AM
Registered

yes i run drive tmp gauges...and i run another syn oil in the drives as well.... 250 at mid 80's is not too bad...want cooler oil??...switch to a hydo cool from inovative marine....we have done A LOT of testing...they work great! hi-speed cruising (70+)...the gauge is still on the stop.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Max Machine uses a stainless steel top cap as a replacement part for the stock Merc one. The MMW one is thicker, stronger and ribbed on top and supposed to disipate the heat better than the stock one. The caps come with larger studs and have to be drilled and tapped.

Ray, did you get their caps too?

Quick Reply: Hey you F'n1 and F'n2 guys give it up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.