Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
need help!!!! >

need help!!!!

Notices

need help!!!!

Old 09-14-2002, 08:10 AM
supreman

Unhappy need help!!!!

Somebody please help me figure this out.I have a 28 warlock sxt cat,and it blow the prop out realy bad.it has a 30 bravo on it nowbut also I tried 29 hydromotiv and the boat wont even plane at all.It has an 12 inch extension imco extension box on the boat...Peopl tell me the drive is too high,I put a straight line from the bottom f the boat straight out from the drive with drive trimmed all the way down and Im 3 inches higher than the boat with the prop..This doesent soulnd right oo me.Please help!!!

Old 09-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Offshore Addiction

way to high....is this thing new.....WOW.....imco offers spacers that can lower your X.....suggest you start with a 2- 3 inch,or isnt that imco box adjustable,think you can lower the gimbal housing but your gonna have to lower the motor mts

Old 09-14-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a five blade. Might get you going till you can figure out the best wat to lower the X.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Offshore Addiction. You need to bring that x dimension down. Any will help but it sounds like you need three inches to get to the keel line. If you are moderately powered you probably should be even below that. Does your boat have a notch on the transom just in front of the drive on the center sponson? If so you need to measure from the height of the bottom of the boat not the notch.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:09 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

post a picture!!!

did you buy the boat new? Or did the previous owner put the extension box on?
Old 09-15-2002, 09:36 PM
supreman

I bought the boat as a dealer demo supposely,It has a merc 600 sc with chiller.I dont see no notch on the center sponson,so do you think the spacer will help orhoould i do any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Registered

I have a ChrisCat drives are about 1/2 in up try some larger diaminter props if you can find some. At 3in up I bet you have a hell of a time getting on plane. Take off slow ease in to the gas to get a little speed then when the prop brakes loose take it up to about 6k for a few seconds then back out of the gas to around 3k or so and see if it bites and takes off it that doesent work stand on the gas untill it takes off.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

supreman, why not drop warlock an email and see if they can't help you sort it out. I'll bet they already know the answer.