Internal Flappers >

Internal Flappers

Notices

Internal Flappers

Old 08-28-2015, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I also found these with look a lot better. They are made by Corsa Performance and they have a weight that keeps them shut when the engine is not running

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544691[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544692[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Internal Flappers-%24_57.jpg   Internal Flappers-322e.jpg  
Old 08-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

Haven't seen those before those are pretty neat. They still look like they have the potential of making even more noise if the rubber vanishes. Sure would be nice if someone came up with something instead of the rubber that would last longer...I was going to do the Hardin ones that you bought when I found my internal ones were missing. I ended up buying the OE style ones from Teague instead they were only $25 ea.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 480 Likes on 374 Posts

Think if you just had straight tips you could use the external flappers. The Corsa muffler tips I removed didn't have the holes on the under side and the flappers are pretty much in good shape as when installed. Understand you have more power, but maybe just straight tip change would be the easiest

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-28-2015, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I was considering removing the HP Gil select sounds mufflers and just putting a 4" straight pipe with a outside flapper but I do like the ability of flipping a switch and the low end bark engine sound disappears. I just bought them a few months ago brand new ..I would hate just to have them sit around. They were not cheap
Old 08-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

I hear ya I really like my silent choice it's a must for what we do... so far anyways lol. Assuming you can't run the internal flappers I'd say the Hardin ones you bought might be your best bet. I ran across these as well during a similar flapper thread I created: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...ce-please.html