Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
problem with aftermarket cylinder heads. >

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Notices

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

I'm glad I can't afford new out of the box heads and have to buy people's old worn out junk and fix it lol. But I'm with you mike, I'd like to know what problems have been had for future builds.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Got a buddy that has been running Brodix BB-2 heads for about 6 seasons now. I'm 90% sure they were used straight out of the box but I will verify. We poker run the boat one or two times a year and it does not get babied. No issues to date. Max RPM 5.400.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 101 Posts

Mike

Can we please just welcome all members post

Some members like yourself do not advertise thier business on OSO but do enjoy sharing info. There is a fine line when posting between advertising ones own business against OSO policy and genuinely sharing info.

I believe Horsepower1 and you both genuinely enjoy chatting boats and sharing free info.

This site NEEDS more professionals to contribute!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
mr foxwell,post the pm or if you would like i can do it.it does not take a lot of balls to come on with an alias but it does take balls to question my honesty.i am a respected member and i take offense to you questioning my honesty.
Your comment:

kris,you are correct,i just recieved a pm from him giving me that information.i am not sure why he sent a pm instead of replying on this thread.i do not try to hide who i am on oso and i don,t pay much attention to those who do.no doubt in my mind mr foxwell has an agenda!
My PM to you was:

Hi Mike,
My name is Scott Foxwell and I own Foxwell Motorsports. I also work for Chris Straub building engines and doing induction development. I'm not sure why but I've been found "guilty by association" because of my ties with Chris who seems dearly hated by a handfull on this board. I have never done business with, nor have I even met, anyone here that I know of so any "opinion" of me is purely emotional and speculative. I'm trying to participate in this forum without the attached drama. I am NOT trying to drum up business...I'm backlogged probably through next year. I'm just here to try and offer some good input on subjects I have a little knowledge and experience in. If you want to see some of my work, I have a FB page "Foxwell Motorsports". My website is very out dated and might not even be working. I hesitate to post anything like this outwardly because no matter what the truth or facts are, there will be those who will just try and deface me and I'm not playing that game. If you have any more questions, I'm glad to answer.
Thanks
Scott
What you said was not true.
This is as far as I'm taking this.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower1
Your comment:

My PM to you was:

What you said was not true.
This is as far as I'm taking this.
Now that i know who you are...

I know a little more about you from the posts ive seen over the years on performance boats, yellowbullet, and couple other sites. I will form my opinion of you, based on that, rather than what your arch enemy may have said about you.

Seems like you have more than enough hands on experience with engines , definitely more so than I, and think you are perfectly qualified to discuss your experiences with cylinder heads here. No more, or no less, than most who post here. Therefore, i look forward to hearing what you have to say about this topic, just as i do the other engine builders who have chimed in. I personally dont care about agendas or who doesnt like you. I will determine whether or not you post good info, or bullchit, and form my own opinion of you. And until now, i personally havent seen you post anything on the other forums, that make you appear to be a "con man, scam artist, piece of trash, or whatever has been said here ".

As for others, i cannot speak of what it is they want out of this forum. Some believe what they want to believe, who they want to believe, and that will never change
Old 10-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

mr foxwell,am i wrong in thinking that you honed the guides in kevin,s heads?once again you are a new member and you jumped right on this thread.if that is not having an agenda i don,t know what is.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Registered

mr foxwell,i would like to add that i form my own opinions about people and i am not one to jump on the band wagon.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

mr foxwell,am i wrong in thinking that you honed the guides in kevin,s heads?once again you are a new member and you jumped right on this thread.if that is not having an agenda i don,t know what is.
He actually started out on Kevin's engine developer thread that has been deleted.

According to his FB page he had his hand in Kevin's latest engines:

Crank it up and enjoy this video of Kevin and Kristy Kaczan's beautiful Cigarette "Unleashed" with Foxwell Motorsports/Straub Technologies induction packages on their twin big block Chevy engines.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Mike

Can we please just welcome all members post

Some members like yourself do not advertise thier business on OSO but do enjoy sharing info. There is a fine line when posting between advertising ones own business against OSO policy and genuinely sharing info.

I believe Horsepower1 and you both genuinely enjoy chatting boats and sharing free info.

This site NEEDS more professionals to contribute!
kevin,just t clear the air,i do not have a business,i am just a guy who builds engines in my out building for a small group of people.i have worked professionally as an assembler in several shops part time through the years and take pride in what i do.as i stated already,i am trying to gain information from other members and people in the marine industry who use aftermarket heads about issues they have had with any brand of cylinder head.i must say that so far i have not seen any member claim or validate any issues with any brand of head.as far as you having your heads disassembled and opening the guide clearance that was a judgement call but can you without a doubt say it was necessary and had to be done?i think not but am looking forward to your answer.as far as mr foxwell,i don,t know him but i will give him the benifit of doubt.

Last edited by mike tkach; 10-16-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, this is the third time you've accused me of having an agenda without saying what it is or might be. I'm thinking you may be the one with the agenda to somehow discredit me on a personal level rather than the information I post. If you have a specific technical question to ask, then I'm happy to answer, but I'm not going to respond to any more of your nonsense on this personal, childish level. I'm not interested and you need to stop.
And yes, I did the work on Kevin's heads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.