Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
problem with aftermarket cylinder heads. >

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Notices

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,233 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
mr foxwell,am i wrong in thinking that you honed the guides in kevin,s heads?once again you are a new member and you jumped right on this thread.if that is not having an agenda i don,t know what is.
One correction with some facts:
He is not a new member. He changed screen names.

See here: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...t-foxwell.html

His 26 posts have been all erased for some reason.

Last edited by SB; 10-16-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Now that i know who you are...

I know a little more about you from the posts ive seen over the years on performance boats, yellowbullet, and couple other sites. I will form my opinion of you, based on that, rather than what your arch enemy may have said about you.

Seems like you have more than enough hands on experience with engines , definitely more so than I, and think you are perfectly qualified to discuss your experiences with cylinder heads here. No more, or no less, than most who post here. Therefore, i look forward to hearing what you have to say about this topic, just as i do the other engine builders who have chimed in. I personally dont care about agendas or who doesnt like you. I will determine whether or not you post good info, or bullchit, and form my own opinion of you. And until now, i personally havent seen you post anything on the other forums, that make you appear to be a "con man, scam artist, piece of trash, or whatever has been said here ".

As for others, i cannot speak of what it is they want out of this forum. Some believe what they want to believe, who they want to believe, and that will never change
Thank you sir. We'll see how long this lasts.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB
Once correction with some facts:
He is not a new member. He changed screen names.

See here: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...t-foxwell.html

His 26 pots have been all erased for some reason.
My 26 posts were never posted. It was kind of interesting...I could see them on my screen as if they had been posted, but no one else could, so I stopped.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:44 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by horsepower1
My 26 posts were never posted. It was kind of interesting...I could see them on my screen as if they had been posted, but no one else could, so I stopped.
Actually, people could see them, how else would they have quoted them ?
See here for example:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-advice-2.html

So...how and why did your posts disappear ?
Old 10-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 103 Posts

Stop derailing every thread and just post information pertaining to the title

Other members can make their own decisions on which info they choose to take into account on their own projects

Or go sit in your non running boat and make noises
Old 10-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower1
Mike, this is the third time you've accused me of having an agenda without saying what it is or might be. I'm thinking you may be the one with the agenda to somehow discredit me on a personal level rather than the information I post. If you have a specific technical question to ask, then I'm happy to answer, but I'm not going to respond to any more of your nonsense on this personal, childish level. I'm not interested and you need to stop.
And yes, I did the work on Kevin's heads.
mr foxwell,i don,t know you and until today i never heard of you so why you believe i am trying to discredit you is a mystery to me.i will say that after your childish posting i now can see why you might not be very well liked.you say that you are done responding to me,great because i would rather you don,t .
Old 10-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 103 Posts

Mike your ruining your own thread so I guess you don't really care about learning anything...

And it's common knowledge that you do business with Bob so yes you have an agenda
Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Stop derailing every thread and just post information pertaining to the title

Other members can make their own decisions on which info they choose to take into account on their own projects

Or go sit in your non running boat and make noises
Every thread ? Please.

You brought him back here, which he had to make a new screen name for so he could post again.

My boat runs great btw.

I did, however, sit on my sled last week-end and pretend to be riding that in the upcoming snow, while making Braap, Braap noises ! And yeh, that runs too.

Thanks for asking and being concerned !

BTW: Start another thread on your dry sump system and ask for opinions if you should have open breathers or sealed off valve covers.

BTW#2: You poked me first.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Got a buddy that has been running Brodix BB-2 heads for about 6 seasons now. I'm 90% sure they were used straight out of the box but I will verify. We poker run the boat one or two times a year and it does not get babied. No issues to date. Max RPM 5.400.
I run Brodix BB3 XTRA - O s. They have worked well for several years.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I bolted on a set of used heads, from a pontiac 400, on my pontiac 400 20 years ago. I ran it like that for a year, then junked the car.

It was a success. Not sure i would call it the right way to do things, but it worked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.