Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
problem with aftermarket cylinder heads. >

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Notices

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Old 10-16-2015, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower1
Too bad you had to omit the rest of my comment when you quoted me but I will re-state:
wasn't relevant to what I was posting about.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
So, you think that thread was all kevins "buddys" making stories up about marine kinetics bob? I seem to recall quite a few people speaking out there, some whom i know, dont know kevin whatsover.

It was deleted , which i find funny. Did the thread about randy garciga get deleted ? Or the other hundred threads of an unhappy customer speaking out in public?

Maybe it somehow violated oso's handbook. Might be time to double check the rules, and restart that thread. Are the people allowed to speak, or is this pre wwii germany?
Gee, let me see, after his first post, the only people that posted were his "buddies". All he seemed to be able to do was hit the like button on their posts. If any of them ever bought anything from Bob, they didn't say so. So their opinions are hearsay at best.

If you have a problem with how OSO runs their site, tell them, not me. We all know who the mods and Admins here are, so ask them.

The way I read the rules on this site, (and most others) the owners of the site make the rules and can do as they see fit. we don't own it, they do. They allow us to play here, but its their playground.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Gee, let me see, after his first post, the only people that posted were his "buddies". All he seemed to be able to do was hit the like button on their posts. If any of them ever bought anything from Bob, they didn't say so. So their opinions are hearsay at best.

If you have a problem with how OSO runs their site, tell them, not me. We all know who the mods and Admins here are, so ask them.

The way I read the rules on this site, (and most others) the owners of the site make the rules and can do as they see fit. we don't own it, they do. They allow us to play here, but its their playground.
Maybe we should all just let the mods do their job and just stick with the topics.
Had any problems with after market cylinder heads? I think that's what the OP was asking about.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by horsepower1
Maybe we should all just let the mods do their job and just stick with the topics.
Had any problems with after market cylinder heads? I think that's what the OP was asking about.
The post you quoted wasn't answering anything you said. Doesn't even mention you.

I answered his question before. no problems. AFR's 50 hrs bolted on out of the box. have run flawless to 6000.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 745 Likes on 337 Posts

I seem to be learning more about ego's and less about cylinder head as this thread go's down hill.
Ed
Old 10-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0
Old 10-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same cr ap different day. Only good thing is I have 2 new heros Zone and SB. Never thought MikeT was a bad guy just don't care for some of his friends.

Last edited by brian41; 10-16-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I guess the tech discussion is pretty much dead here. Mike, Scott has posted some good info here, why try to chase him away?? I don't get it. It doesn't sound like you.. It sounds like from bobs s mouth to your ear and then here. Shame that one person is putting a wedge between friends and any good discussion here. I'm having some issues, I posted them on another site <sigh >
dan,i am not chasing anyone away,foxwell struck me wrong and said i am trying to discredit him,hell until today i never heard of him.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i see a lot of talk about aftermarket cylinder head problems out of the box.if you have had issues with any brand id like to hear about your ordeal.i am only looking for actual issues,not what someone said needs to be done,just issues that YOU have had.full force tim,we know your story so no need for you to reply.
Honest questions to help this thread get back on track

What's an issue?
In my case we found the issue per AFR own recommendation before installing.

How many hours of run time before refresh is considered satisfactory?
IMO only having 50 or 80 hrs is not a guarantee that an "issue" still may not arise. A tight guide might take a while for the premature wear to become "an issue"

If someone had a failure how confident are we that it was or was not due to the head, the parts installed in the head, or the installer? It's hard to pin point the exact cause unless of coarse an engine builder needs to blame a "part failure" to cover thier reputation.

It could be a great thread to gather info even if we don't all agree. Just need to find some more members willing to post but they are all scared of getting bashed.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Mike your ruining your own thread so I guess you don't really care about learning anything...

And it's common knowledge that you do business with Bob so yes you have an agenda
i have learned quite a bit since i started this thread,one of those things is that not one person has made a claim that any aftermarket cylinder head has had issues.do i do business with bob,yes i do,imo he is a very smart man and his prices are very fair and inline.i will tell you one more time ,i started this thread to gain information about aftermarket cylinder heads,good or bad.if that is a bad agenda,SO BE IT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.