How many hours on bigger power stuff?

Notices

How many hours on bigger power stuff?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I was told that while the meth raises the octane so to speak, it also slows the burn down as well, and unless your tune requires it, the gains are minimal. Kind of like putting 93 octane in a stock 454 mag, not gonna do a whole lot. So, it was recommended that in a low boost application, that normally can run fine on 93 octane, pure water, or water with a light mixture of methonal was the way to go. Now, high boost, where say C16 fuel may be needed, than higher concentrations of meth is the way to go . Apparently water itself, does an excellent job of cooling the charge, but doesnt require the fine tuning of fuel ratios, burn speeds, etc.

Just the way it was explained to me.
Not sure but I just go by results. I have real world experience seeing a 1mph gain on my GPS when the Meth system was activated. On that pass I was running a 50/50 mixture of meth/water.

The purpose of the system isn't necessarily to increase power, it's to add safety margin to the overall setup. The speed increase I saw was a nice bonus.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We ran the systems on the supra and overall it was a pain in the ass. All the safety's on the pro efi were turned on a utilized and it would still cause some issues. We used the alkycontrol kits. Alex what meth pump do you like/ most reliable?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Apparently water itself, does an excellent job of cooling the charge, but doesnt require the fine tuning of fuel ratios, burn speeds, etc.
My father was running water injection on his turbo engines in the mid 1970's.

Water Injection is a really old technology but it's come along way with electronic controllers which are now available. Then add EFI into the picture and we're seeing people being able to run a lot more power safely than we used to be able to run.

It might not be right for everyone but I think it has its place.

But back to the topic at hand. What's everyone else getting out of their big power engines?