Future magazine article >

Future magazine article

Notices

Future magazine article

Old 09-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Dennis Moore

Default Keep it simple

Thanks Iggy!
It is obvious that you are quite a bit more knowledgeable than the average reader. As I am sure you are aware, we have to keep it as simple as possible or we will lose the readers attention. You know us boaters, we usually are reading this stuff with a beer in our hand!
Sincerely
Dennis Moore

Old 09-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Dennis Moore

Default Thanks Panther!

Panther, I appreciate the feedback! I was a little afraid that the people on this forum are a little more knowledgeable about exhaust systems than the average reader and I am proven right!
Dennis

Old 09-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Keep it simple

Originally posted by Dennis Moore
Thanks Iggy!
It is obvious that you are quite a bit more knowledgeable than the average reader. As I am sure you are aware, we have to keep it as simple as possible or we will lose the readers attention. You know us boaters, we usually are reading this stuff with a beer in our hand!
Sincerely
Dennis Moore
I thought we were supposed to read in the crapper

Have I been doing it wrong all these years
Old 09-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Keep it simple

Originally posted by insptech

I thought we were supposed to read in the crapper

Have I been doing it wrong all these years
your confuser isn't in the crapper? I thought that is why it was called the throne
Old 09-19-2002, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a very informative article and I liked it. My only comment would be one to aid in ease of reading. Being more of your average type boater, I was distracted by the switching from "left side, right side" to port - starboard. The article would have been easier to follow using just "port bank" and "starboard bank" consistently.

BTW... where might I find this magazine? I ordered the BBC Marine book yesterday and am looking forward to that.

Good luck with the article,

BT
Old 09-19-2002, 08:03 PM
Dennis Moore

Default Thanks

Blue Thunder

Thanks for the input, I think you are right and I will change it.
www.familyandperformanceboating.com

Dennis Moore

Old 09-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Registered

Thanks Dennis,

You have any books on sterndrives?

BT
Old 09-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered

Dennis,

Good job on the Magazine. We finally got our subscription worked out, and were sent the issues we missed. Thanks for the help you gave my other 1/2 on the phone with our problem.

I would recommend this magazine to those that heve not read it.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:06 PM
checkmate981

Default Dennis

That will make A nice article in your magizine.I think anybody who will purchase that magizine will enjoy reading it.Very easy to follow .Now if you could tell us what manifolds work the best .
Dave

Old 09-20-2002, 08:18 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Thumbs up Crossover pipes...

Dennis,

I guess it's time to ask my wife for a subscription to that magazine for my birthday! I think the set of Merlin heads that I wanted are out of reach financially right now anyway.

Is there any way that I can get some of the back-issues of the magazine? I know that there were some interesting tech articles that I missed out on in the past.

My question: What effect would a crossover (or "H") pipe have on this situation? I have seen this setup on boats before, although not frequently. It has been used in automotive applications to boost low and mid-range torque. Would this help to alleviate the contiguous cylinder issue?

Quick Reply: Future magazine article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.