Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Future magazine article >

Future magazine article

Notices

Future magazine article

Old 09-24-2002, 08:44 PM
Tejas Raz

Dennis,

Appreciate you taking your time with all of us out here.

Like many others, I read many magazines. HB & PB all the time. Boating, Trailer Boats periodically. And then HP Cheby, Pop HRing, and Circle Track Tech also for their good articles on engines and new technologies. I really do like the way F&PB is going and encourage you to keep pushing the envelope more. We are ready for it. Yes, there always will be the ones who whine and cry but I believe that there are many more of us who you won't often hear from who are like sponges just waiting for more good info. So screw the cry babies or as we say in the Marines: "Lead, Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The Way!" (cause we have an objective to take).

The Ford thing will be interesting and I know there's a Donzi on this board who will love you for it! And the SBC is basically forgotten by the industry even though there are probably more of them around than BBC's... and folks who'd like to do something with them. How about getting out of the box here too. Like instead of Edelbrock RPM's or Performer's. What about the Wiend Team G Street Ram and maybe modify it like David Vizard did in one of his books? Or the one NOBODY has spent time on... Hi Tech's Torque-Link manifold? Also noticed in your excellent article on oil pans... There aren't any for the post '87 sbc! (I run a '92 350 Mag) And I had to dig all the way through the parts listing to figure it out. Bet there are more post 87's out there that pre-87's.

The GLM info is encouraging! How about this? Will an IMCO riser fit on it and will it help gain even more HP? I've seen many used risers in the parts section for decent prices. Hey, more bang for the buck? Hell, yea!

Read the MSD article. Wow. Yes, you surprized me with your candidness. Way to go. And why is everybody so enamoured with MSD? What about Crane and thier 3 times higher milijoules rating? Or B&M's interesting blue inductive box. Seems to me, that actually fits in better than a CD system in our application with it's longer duration, hotter sparking. Don't know. Nobody has written anything about them!

>>If you only knew me you would know that I am very opinionated and I am doing my best to shake up the industry! I really have to hold back at times! <<

After reading you here, I believe you. It must be very trying at times so I (or we) ought to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day.

>>The industry is stagnant and won't change until Mercruiser gets a little competition. I believe that the Japanese outboard manufacturers will (unfortunately) blow Mercury outboards out of the water. It's a shame that Mercury OB engineers can't build something a little more innovative! <<

And KAAMA, Sutphil, and Panther. Forgot about Bombardier! Shouldn't do that. You're right. If they join the full size boat engine market... Watch out! I know about Bombardier from the BizJet side of their business, Canadair. Good stuff! Mercury already knows a little about competition. Remember the Volvo "HP's" and closed cooling? Next year Merc came out with the "Horizon" engines! Wanna bet that wouldn't have happened without Volvo? Too bad they couldn't stay in it though. I think their drives did them in. Who want's to buy something, no matter that it's strong and works good, if you can't sell it when you want to move up? Volvo's just won't sell on the used market... back to the stick in the mud, ignorant, cry babies. (Did I say that? YES!)

Love the Microsoft thing! It'd be a good thing. Monopolies are bad, unless you pass go and own Park Place.

Sorry for rambling so much, but this is what we talk about out at the lake. To actually have a forum about it is Freakin Awesome!

Thanks for listening guys!

Scott

Old 09-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

No, I'm not much of a snowmobiler---don't own one either. But I do know that those engineer fellers and all them other dudes at Bombardier are no one to mess with! Turn them loose and they'll bring the meat to the table!

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-25-2002 at 09:08 PM.