Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Desk Top Dyno ? for D. Moore >

Desk Top Dyno ? for D. Moore

Notices

Desk Top Dyno ? for D. Moore

Old 09-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I input my data to desktop dyno the HP numbers were almost dead on. TQ numbers were way low compared to actual dyno. You have to do some guess work with the cylinder heads and the exhaust selections, but from a general standpoint it worked pretty well for a NA set-up.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

I just got the desktop dyno 2000.. so far i like it.. Its alot better then the previous dyno shop...
Old 10-06-2002, 06:01 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Cobra Marty, would you mind firing one off to me as well? All expenses paid of course!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

Finally got email back from procharger. Only a one line response.

"We do not have that information available."

Do they not have a compress map for the M4 or do you think they do not want to give this information out? The reason I just asked the few questions I though I would get info instead of them giving me a compressor map. If they do not want to give out information, could it be because they do not want anyone to know how good or bad the compressor is? The others are posting their compressor maps on their web site?

I have also included this in a reply to procharger.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

I just got my desktop dyno. After plugging all the stock specs for my stock 454mag, it spit out 364hp, not bad. Now I'm experimenting with different mods, and the itch is coming on strong! Maybe the cottage doesn't need a new roof....

Thats not very good customer service from procharger.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cobra Marty

Did you get the E-mail I sent about software please let me know? Thanks Charlie.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Turbojack

That's too bad they won't give out the compressor maps, it's really the only way to compare centrifugal superchargers and select the best one for the operating point for your particular system. Vortech publishes theirs and if you buy a turbo from Turbonetics their catalog is chock full of compressor maps. Enquiring minds want to know!
Old 10-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Registered

Got email back from procharger. Wish they would have said this first. Here is another good example of the power of OSO. First answer to me was go take a hike, at least with this answer I can live with this answer. I wonder how much longer I am going to have to wait?

Here is cut & pasted email.

Jack

Most people cannot utilize a compressor map, and it actually adds a lot of confusion to selecting the correct blower.

With the ongoing litigation between us and Vortech we are not releasing any of the information that you have requested. It seems as if we are very close to reaching a settlement with them, and then we can release compressor map information.

Jeremy
Old 10-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

I find that email condescending and misleading. Maybe OSO members are a cut above the crowd when it comes to tech, but I think I could post very simple instructions for using a compressor map that everyone on this board could understand.

I don't know the details of the litigation between Vortech and Procharger and I don't want to know. My only bias, if you can call it that, is based on the fact that I actually got to talk to the President of Vortech, and got support for my intercooler project in the form of dealer purchasing rights, whereas Procharger did not respond in any way.

If anyone is interested in learning about compressor maps I will start a new topic.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Lets hear it Tomcat!!