Off the shelf cam options for marine engines >

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Notices

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Old 02-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by StraubTech
Huge difference in core quality and grinding in the industry these days. Big changes have gone on since 2008.
Do you know what cores comp is using when you order a billet roller from their masters?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
From what I understand they just bought in to Morel.
Morel is not accepting any new accounts. They turned down a large Mail Order Company last year that wanted to by direct. They have turned down a few cam companies also. Morel can not ship enough product to existing customers, so until they can they are not opening up any new accounts. You also have to commit to 500 sets of lifters a year.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I was looking thru comps master lobe catalog yesterday for myself. They have alot to pick from. Pretty easy to spec your own cam with the lobes they have avail. For myself, i would prob stick with their marine hi lift series. For a lobe in the duration id be needing, id be in the .620-646 range lift wise. But im not racing the boat in a restricted class, i just like running hard once a while, and hitting the beach...
Thats what I'm going to do. Have a call in to Comp presently to find out what they have that will go on a 55mm core and be aggressive but gentle at the same time. I'm just going to pick my own lobes from now on. I can't see paying all the extra money for someone to pick cam lobes anymore.

Now you guys are thinking!! When you know enough about lobes as you guys do thats the best way IMHO. Plus if your not happy with it Two things happen 1 you learn form it. 2. no one to point fingers at. In my case I had to go to Harold to help with a specific need during expermenting. but have always picked my own, some good some REAL bad!!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Do you know what cores comp is using when you order a billet roller from their masters?
You will have to ask Comp that sir.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:41 PM
Registered

I know when I used to go in to Engine Power Componets to service their forklifts, there were several mfg's boxes they were packaging cams in. Engpwr.com
Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Steve does the machine work. Tony at CMS does the final assembly. The two of them are very tight.
Black Baja, which boat is yours? Seems we boat in the same area..

I know Tony as well. Met him in person in Key West finally.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Black Baja, which boat is yours? Seems we boat in the same area..

I know Tony as well. Met him in person in Key West finally.
I have an ugly white with orange/ blue stripped Donzi. You would know it if you seen it. It drew lots of attention. I've never seen your boat on the water. I know the boat we met at your house in North East when I bought a set of heads from you years ago. I think you had just moved from NJ.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:54 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I have an ugly white with orange/ blue stripped Donzi. You would know it if you seen it. It drew lots of attention. I've never seen your boat on the water. I know the boat we met at your house in North East when I bought a set of heads from you years ago. I think you had just moved from NJ.
Ahhh gotcha. Small world. Those were the Merlin heads I sold when I switched over to AFR's. I think that was 2012 time frame because I moved here in 2011.

I usually go to places like Still Pond Creek, JJ's, Rockhall, Sunset Cove, Chesapeake Inn, Rowboat Willies, Schaefers and Lee's Landing. Good to meet you on here.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Myself, I would steer clear from Comp Cams right now. Comp is having some well documented issues with noise due to the finish on the cam lobes in the LS world. Here is a thread that shows the issue pretty well:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...e-install.html
Old 02-16-2016, 02:33 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Maybe give these a try, http://www.bulletcams.com/Masters/Rlobes.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.