Off the shelf cam options for marine engines >

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Notices

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Old 02-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
I had the same concerns and made the same phone calls and found out the same info and am comfortable with my cams also. Not being part of the in crowd though I'd get told to stfu if I said it. I got a pm after my very first post. Your name was mentioned in it. Guess you came across as a little to unbiased. I'll be quiet again now.
if you want to be in the in crowd just stay at a holiday inn!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I've basically said that over and over here again, and constantly was argued on that topic of duration vs lift. Maybe you missed that, along with my sarcasm.
I guess,,its just that 99% of the info from your 2 friends have been said over and over again on here for,,I don't know,like the last 15yrs in the tech section.nothing new from them.especially the talking points about where to prop from tq peaks,,that info came from all the major prop guys.saying it here to sound intelligent just doesn't work.well maybe for some.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
if you want to be in the in crowd just stay at a holiday inn!
just order a cam from either Bob or a catalog.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't get me going the Jamison is flowing. I'll never be part of the in crowd if I start typing now.

Last edited by bck; 02-16-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
The time is right now MT.
If there is more to add, please let us in on it.
Rob, it is not my place, to tell the tales I have been told in confidence amongst various builders. Second hand information is what has started an all out internet war between parties, some that have gone way too far. I think its time for first hand info to be shared for a change around here. For guys like you and I, we rely on feedback. Lets not discourage feedback, whether good or bad. HONESTY, would be a welcome change around here, and could have some valuable technical information for us as a group.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
I guess,,its just that 99% of the info from your 2 friends have been said over and over again on here for,,I don't know,like the last 15yrs in the tech section.nothing new from them.especially the talking points about where to prop from tq peaks,,that info came from all the major prop guys.saying it here to sound intelligent just doesn't work.well maybe for some.
I have zero to do with straub or foxwell if that is what you are insinuating.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 4,813 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i have made a few posts on this thread and read them all.because of some of these posts i got nervous about the cams in a pair of blown engines i built.i know that in threads like this you will see all kinds of opinions,some from people that know what they are talking about and some from people who don,t have a clue.i also know that a lot of posts will come from personal dislikes from people who have never met in person but for one reason or another just don,t like someone.i have been guilty of forming opinions myself from time to time and even argued with some members.i have no desire to argue with people about this thread and will keep my thoughts to myself about some of the posts.i made some phone calls after posting my concernes about the cams in these engines and i am no longer worried.some people might be surprised to know that bob does not design the lobes on his cams,that is done by kip,the owner of cam motions.i was surprised to learn that cam motions has thousands of lobes they use that are proven time and time again and the lobe profile on my cams in question came from this master list.i will add that every cam i have got from bob has been a high quality part made from an 8620 steel core.imo you won,t find a material better than 8620 for a marine endurance engine.when you buy a cam from bob you also get the correct dist gear at a cost of 1 penny.i am not taking any sides on this thread,i am simply stating some facts i learned today.
What I get from this post is that you`re saying Haxby is liar and the cams that he`s had so much trouble with are just fine because Bob said so. Bob also said it`s not his fault and now he`s passing the buck onto some guy named Kip.

MER , Orlandi , Alex everyone can just relax, Alex that table full off Marine Kinetic cams you had have you can now put those back in I guess.. Bob said it`s fine.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Registered

The engine builders who have lost tens of thousands on rebuilding customers engines do to valvetrain follies, does their business matter?
It was ok for guys like straub and foxwell to get absolutely fuking tortured here, over some stuff, or when straub did a cam for sutphen30 ages ago, and he had some issues. They pretty much cut those two guys down to pieces, and nobody blinked an eye.
just so you'll get it straight,it was 2 cams,,1 cam that he couldn't spec(great cam designer) and 5 sets of lifters that WOULD have destroyed the top end of the engines if I didn't catch it and then fix the problem.As for foxwell,every engine is magically the best and most powerful,,heres what I think,,BS period.
Hax said it at the beginning of this thread
Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Just thought I'd share some info on a line of hydraulic roller cams that work very well for marine engines. In this day and age, there are no big secrets to building BBC marine engines. No secret oil pans, magic cylinder heads, or special cams that are going to set the world on fire.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

I have zero to do with straub or foxwell if that is what you are insinuating.
well time will tell.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was ok for guys like straub and foxwell to get absolutely fuking tortured here, over some stuff, or when straub did a cam for sutphen30 ages ago, and he had some issues. They pretty much cut those two guys down to pieces, and nobody blinked an eye.
Let the record state I have never sold Bill/ Sutphen30 anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.