Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Off the shelf cam options for marine engines >

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Notices

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Old 02-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vc and mt , you are both correct. It is a great thing to have Alex back, and I think its been since last spring since mk has posted anything.
Just an observation, nothing else..
Old 02-16-2016, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Would be nice if someone called Bob and told him to defend his product that he pushes... too bad he will never do it. run and hide and make members battle it out... great plan.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, go away for a day and it's hard to catch up. BCK when you called and asked me about your cam on Sunday and sent me the specs, I told you it looked like it was making good power and would probably be fine. Didn't appear to be overly aggressive. It's quite possible that your collapsed lifter was from something other then the spring pressure and lobe design of the new cams. As far as posting specs of cams that have caused issues, or underperformed, that's not what this thread was about. As I said to you before, if that's something you need to know, or if you would like to talk to customers who have paid for their broken parts and seen the difference when a new cam was swapped in, I can arrange that. This thread was to help performance boaters who are on a budget, and not many aren't. It would be great instead of constantly steering it back towards Bob if we could expand on the shelf brand cams that work. Anyone have a link to the Comp lobes. I know they have a huge selection, and if you get the right tech, there's more stuff that's not in the book. I wouldn't hesitate to use their lobes
Old 02-16-2016, 08:21 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Wow, go away for a day and it's hard to catch up. BCK when you called and asked me about your cam on Sunday and sent me the specs, I told you it looked like it was making good power and would probably be fine. Didn't appear to be overly aggressive. It's quite possible that your collapsed lifter was from something other then the spring pressure and lobe design of the new cams. As far as posting specs of cams that have caused issues, or underperformed, that's not what this thread was about. As I said to you before, if that's something you need to know, or if you would like to talk to customers who have paid for their broken parts and seen the difference when a new cam was swapped in, I can arrange that. This thread was to help performance boaters who are on a budget, and not many aren't. It would be great instead of constantly steering it back towards Bob if we could expand on the shelf brand cams that work. Anyone have a link to the Comp lobes. I know they have a huge selection, and if you get the right tech, there's more stuff that's not in the book. I wouldn't hesitate to use their lobes
Thanks again for taking the call and providing the advice. What I was getting at with asking you to provide the specs of the cams that were causing the problems is that the phone calls and concern a few members had could have possibly been avoided. Speaking with you and several other builders as well as Bob has reassured me everything is ok.

Last edited by bck; 02-16-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the comp master lobe catalog in pdf. You can google "comp cams master lobe catalog" and it will come up.

Yours truly, " the googler. "
Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Ca...terCatalog.pdf
Old 02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be great instead of constantly steering it back towards Bob if we could expand on the shelf brand cams that work. Anyone have a link to the Comp lobes. I know they have a huge selection, and if you get the right tech, there's more stuff that's not in the book. I wouldn't hesitate to use their lobes[/QUOTE]

This is what I was getting at.
And thank you for coming back Alex ! Nice to have a builder in my general neck of the woods , when the day comes...
Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I have the comp master lobe catalog in pdf. You can google "comp cams master lobe catalog" and it will come up.

Yours truly, " the googler. "
https://www.google.com/search?q=comp...m=122&ie=UTF-8

you couldn't just type it in.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

My opinion FWIW; It seems very hard to have open discussions on OSO anymore. It's one of the reasons I haven't posted here much in the past 5 years. I started posting again recently and have expressed my frustration on occasion... The mentality has also funneled over into other pages on Facebook. Pack mentality it seems. One pack fighting the other.. One pack saying don't run with that pack, badmouthing the other while convincing those to run with their pack cause they do it better and vice versa. Then there's the constant inuendo's and when the inuendo poster gets called out they fire back accusing the person of being with the other pack. It's really draining...
Old 02-16-2016, 09:56 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Same thing has happened in politics. There have been studies on it which point out the obvious which is that it makes everything worse. I notice more and more that people and orginizarions try to "win" not by pointing out their positives, but rather by pointing out the others negatives. Its not who can make themselves look better, but who can make the other look worse. That has become almost the exclusive m.o. of politics and union representation votes.

Last edited by bck; 02-16-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.