Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Notices

Off the shelf cam options for marine engines

Old 02-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Panther, your not bringing any knowledge of cam's to this thread just stirring the pot, so maybe you should be the next to go
I already answered the question of the cam specs regarding one of the engines in question. I suggested that it was short on duration. Maybe you missed it.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:41 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I forget, are we talking about the great off the shelf cams or the bad custom cams, or problems with specific custom cams or the problems with Tim's build?
Old 02-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Just my opinion, The bigger ratio will act like a faster ramp, stock spring pressure may not control the acceleration and your lifters will be playing basketball with the cam. There is the possibility of the retainers hitting the valve guides, also a chance of coil bind. If the heads flow more with the higher lift you would gain some power.
I am talking more on the lines of what makes a builder when building/designing an engine decide to go with a 1.8 rocker rather than a 1.7 in a ground up engine build.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If we're talking great off the shelf cams why did the op spend the vast majority of the first 2 pages bad mouthing custom cams and why was he the first one to mention Bob and MK by name? If were talking bad custom cams then how come first it was specific profiles, but we can't name them, then it was custom lobe profiles but when we find out the owner of cam motion designs them were back to just mystery problems with no specifics. If we're talking about the problems with Tim's builds why don't we discuss them being built in a garage with the input of half a dozen people, flooded with water, burned down then run for a season and dynod in full marine dress when we are discussing his power. There's a reason Gellner gets paid to assembly engines. Oh, and how many of your friends or professional builders would have replaced a head for you because you stuck a lifter in a bore? Edit- I come on this thread to ask legit questions of the op as to whether my engines have issues based on his accusations and I get told to move on and I get pms just for asking. Yeah right, guess again.

Last edited by bck; 02-17-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

It's the same ol same ol. Some people have come to the conclusion that jiffy peanut butter may not be the greatest peanut butter in the world. If you've tasted the peanut butter and you did not like it that's too bad, you are wrong because lots of people think this peanut butter is super awesome even thou they've only spread it on their bread and haven't even tasted it. Yet somehow they know it is the greatest. Quite the marketing program Jiffy has. Well done.

As a side note Panther has been done with this thread 5 times now

I'm going to go eat my hard salami sandwich.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
As a side note Panther has been done with this thread 5 times now.
When you're right, you're right. It's a bad habit I have of responding when asked a question when I should just ignore it. lol
Old 02-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
It's the same ol same ol. Some people have come to the conclusion that jiffy peanut butter may not be the greatest peanut butter in the world. If you've tasted the peanut butter and you did not like it that's too bad, you are wrong because lots of people think this peanut butter is super awesome even thou they've only spread it on their bread and haven't even tasted it. Yet somehow they know it is the greatest. Quite the marketing program Jiffy has. Well done.

As a side note Panther has been done with this thread 5 times now

I'm going to go eat my hard salami sandwich.
Hard salami is the bomb with peanut butter u have to try it....
Old 02-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You all crack me up!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:18 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason3603
I am talking more on the lines of what makes a builder when building/designing an engine decide to go with a 1.8 rocker rather than a 1.7 in a ground up engine build.
Sorry, I misunderstood, good question though.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Maybe we are sick of hearing how great Bob is on every thread? it happens... you defend him, has he ever backed you up??? think about that for a few....

Originally Posted by Panther
Just a few examples of quotes on this thread and why it was destined to go sideways.... Full Force, I don't care about making you look good or bad, just sick and tire of hearing bob bashing on every thread by the same people over and over again.

[B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.