GeeeeZ, I'm gonna ban myself
^^^Fuking Funny ! Thanks^^^
Old 02-17-2016, 09:04 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Precision
Dynoing in full marine dress IS the correct way to dyno. If the guy that specd the cam knew anything about how a cylinder head actually worked Tim could have made more power. But in the end he was bamboozled by a kitchen table salesman with a thesaurus. (Sorry Tim). In the end his build and many others would be better off using cam lobes that have been proofed and vetted in the real world in hundreds if not thousands of engines.

Thanks to this custom cam mentality by said salesman I'm now in the position to say I told you so to two different customers that had to try these "magic cams". Neither made the power that they were claimed to, and are as agressive as we I would expect to see in class drag racing. Fortunately for this snake oil salesman he has been paid and made the handsome proffit. Unfortunately for me and my customers I now have to fix his mess.

This all could have been avoided if I had said no. We are not using any kind of experimental junk in your engines.

I understand that you have your reasons for thinking that the custom cams are the best thing since sliced bread, but I have the data to prove otherwise.

Lastly. Why isn't Bob in here defending himself? Why are you doing it for him? I spoke to two other engine builders that use to use Bob and have had a SERIOUS change of heart in the last 7 days. It would bother me if the guy I was protecting let me take the brunt of the lashings.
Correct. Fully dressed would be the best way to do it, but most do not seem to do it that way. So he's comparing the power of a fully dressed engine to engines that are typically run with dyno headers, electric pump and nothing else. I don't have any opinion on custom carbs being better than off the shelf. I just know they worked well in mine. Could an off the shelf grind have worked the same or better? Don't know, didn't try one. I don't speak for anyone or care if and when they choose to post. Post up the data of what happened and why if you have it. Keep in mind though this is a thread about good off the shelf cams though.

Last edited by bck; 02-17-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
Did someone say peanut butter ??

Have a five gallon bucket in the bedroom closet
https://youtu.be/LVPNXsc4wsQ
Old 02-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

yes and that's about 30 HP I am told, so 660 is record breaking??? for a 540??

Originally Posted by bck
Correct. Fully dressed would be the best way to do it, but most do not seem to do it that way. So he's comparing the power of a fully dressed engine to engines that are typically run with dyno headers, electric pump and nothing else.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:08 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,177 Likes on 1,433 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Really freakin funny !!!! WOW !
Old 02-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
GeeeeZ, I'm gonna ban myself
this dam near made me pizz myself.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Correct. Fully dressed would be the best way to do it, but most do not seem to do it that way. So he's comparing the power of a fully dressed engine to engines that are typically run with dyno headers, electric pump and nothing else.
No. He is comparing a 540 with the same bottom end , a 651 cam, AFR CNC oval ports and a stock holly 950 carb. Dynoed the SAME WAY on MY SuperFlow 902.

You can see how un happy Tim's engine is by how much air it is wasting. It is using 40 more CFM to make 50 less HP. That is hallmark of the wrong cam and /or a chitty cam design.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I used peanut butter instead of epoxy, to convert my Dart Rectangle heads to peanut ports. Once it hardens, it holds up to ethonal just fine. But, it has to be Peter Pan brand. Jiffy, sets up way to quick. Like, in a jiffy.
Makes sense. Like a jiffy lube.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Ryan, tell him to have Bob chime in maybe? let's see what he knows??? since he is the master and all... NOT

Originally Posted by Precision
No. He is comparing a 540 with the same bottom end , a 651 cam, AFR CNC oval ports and a stock holly 950 carb. Dynoed the SAME WAY on MY SuperFlow 902.

You can see how un happy Tim's engine is by how much air it is wasting. It is using 40 more CFM to make 50 less HP. That is hallmark of the wrong cam and /or a chitty cam design.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Correct. Fully dressed would be the best way to do it, but most do not seem to do it that way. So he's comparing the power of a fully dressed engine to engines that are typically run with dyno headers, electric pump and nothing else. I don't have any opinion on custom carbs being better than off the shelf. I just know they worked well in mine. Could an off the shelf grind have worked the same or better? Don't know, didn't try one. I don't speak for anyone or care if and when they choose to post. Post up the data of what happened and why if you have it. Keep in mind though this is a thread about good off the shelf cams though.
i thought this thread was about peanut butter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.