Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems >

FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems

Notices

FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems

Old 04-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they are putting the MAP in the throttle body and not making a means to change the vac sensing to the intake would be idiotic to me, understand making it simple but...
Old 05-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

I just ordered the 1200hp power adder system and command center for my blow-through set up. It shows a one month back order so I'll keep you all posted on results.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

http://fitechefi.com/virtualoffice_f...%2012.9.15.pdf

ezstriper, Page 4 of the manual shows how to change vac sensing. (figure 4 and 6)

Last edited by jackhammer; 05-03-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Hahaha! Friggin' awesome! Going to email the tech now and see if that will work for spark management on draw thru!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The way I read it, it seems the boost retard feature is a function of RPM and not actual boost (guessing). I would think you would need more than a 3x3 matrix?

"SPARK MAP: The spark advance uses a 3x3 matrix table to allow flexible spark advance control. This
can allow distributor simulation, locked timing, boost retards, high RPM advancing and other
strategies to optimize the ignition spark advance angle"

Page 3 of this manual - http://www.fitechefi.com/virtualoffi...efinitions.pdf

PS.. they also told me i needed a boost retard module like MSD makes, so something doesn't add up here.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jackhammer
http://fitechefi.com/virtualoffice_f...%2012.9.15.pdf

ezstriper, Page 4 of the manual shows how to change vac sensing. (figure 4 and 6)
ok, see that, then you would only need to run that below the blower on a draw thru setup..
Old 05-04-2016, 07:16 AM
Registered

The way I read it, it seems the boost retard feature is a function of RPM and not actual boost (guessing). I would think you would need more than a 3x3 matrix?

"SPARK MAP: The spark advance uses a 3x3 matrix table to allow flexible spark advance control. This
can allow distributor simulation, locked timing, boost retards, high RPM advancing and other
strategies to optimize the ignition spark advance angle"

Page 3 of this manual - http://www.fitechefi.com/virtualoffi...efinitions.pdf

PS.. they also told me i needed a boost retard module like MSD makes, so something doesn't add up here.
when we ran a mega squirt EFI setup we tried to run a MSD dist, end up with bad RFI from the dist and box, talked to eddie young, he had same issue. I see no reason to have to run a boost retard module if the ecm can control timing as they state...
Old 05-04-2016, 07:47 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,177 Likes on 1,433 Posts

What ? No, it doesn't add up. I agree.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Got an answer from Fitech!!! Good catch Jackhammer!!! Here's what the tech said:

Hi Charles
you're absolutely right, I so apologize, I totally forgot all about that. You will have timing control the ECU will read boost, all will be right with the world.
Embarassed Thank you so much for straightening me outEmbarassed
most the time and pretty good this job.
Anything else let me know

---
Thank's
Kirk Spiger
Tech Support
FiTech Fuel Injection
Old 06-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Well... I got an email that the systems are on back order until July 14th at the soonest. I just cancelled the order as many new products and versions are hitting the market soon so it's worth it to me to wait and see. In the meantime I ordered a wideband to play with on my QF carb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.