540ci 700hp build recipe >

540ci 700hp build recipe

Notices

540ci 700hp build recipe

Old 08-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Oh here we go, 1 post trolling!! Lifter notes were checked, non gave me numbers they were wrong, heads out of the box that bob told me were custom made for him because he's a top 5 dealer and Afr custom makes them especially for him, turns out that's false after I talked to afr myself... As far as temps? Well I been running the engines the same way for many years, funny as soon as I delete bob m from the recipe I have had 47 hours of trouble free use, even though bob completely fukked up the combo specs and absolutely dropped the ball on my cams, garbage junk...

Go back to the rock you came from, is this Brian? Kevin? Hmmm ...

Originally Posted by bigbloc540
I thought you had engine problems because you didn't check the lifter bores for the correct clearances, you just dropped them in and went. Dart blocks are notoriously tight from the factory. Another issue that may have contributed to your failure was the fact that you bolted your new heads on straight out of the box and didn't notice that the valve springs were different. Oh and also the fact that your water temp was under 100 degrees so everything was essentially cold and you ran the crap out of it. I mean Bob is a tool but you have to take some if not most of the responsibility for your failed motor. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1 post, hmmmm brian? Kevin?

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
My engines never go above 100 degrees. Been that way for many many years.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I made my response post, not posting again about my builds I am honestly trying to learn what can I am going with next, even if there is a head change too...

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Hey lets not fug up Monster12 thread with this BS, take it outside
Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Let's get a beer one day, I love in Olmsted falls... Pm me

Originally Posted by monster12valve
Yea I have read your entire build. I have seen your boat before up at Kelly's, it's a bada$$ boat and sounded good. And I work in North Olmsted and my crew (AT&T) services Olmsted Falls where I am pretty sure I have seen it before a little while back also. Def bada$$
Old 08-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I think the 741 cam is a bit light for a 700HP 540ci.

Something to keep in mind when reading the internet, and discussing power numbers. Everyones dyno is different. Everyone dyno's in different forms. Meaning, the guy who dynos his 540 in full marine trim, with some GIL manifolds, and that combo, might make 625HP on a legit dyno. A guy who dyno's with some big ole 2.25 race car headers, no accessories, might make 675hp. The guy making 675, makes fun of the guy who only made 625, even though in reality, they are making the same power once installed in the boat.

I dyno'ed my previous engine combo, using 2.25 car headers dumping into a 6 inch flex pipe, no accessories. New combo, dynoed with accessories, my stellings headers which are smaller diamter, as well as marine headers (flow upwards instead of downwords), my tailpipes which are 3ft long with 4"ID tube, on a totally differnt dyno. When comparing my dyno sheets, my new combo shows to be making 30hp less than the old combo. However, my new combo, is actually going FASTER in the boat. I added 250lbs of stern weight with new combo, and on paper it shows 30hp less, but, the boat tells the real story. Esp since I didn't change props or anything else.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,250 Likes on 605 Posts

Something to keep in mind when reading the internet, and discussing power numbers. Everyones dyno is different. Everyone dyno's in different forms. Meaning, the guy who dynos his 540 in full marine trim, with some GIL manifolds, and that combo, might make 625HP on a legit dyno. A guy who dyno's with some big ole 2.25 race car headers, no accessories, might make 675hp. The guy making 675, makes fun of the guy who only made 625, even though in reality, they are making the same power once installed in the boat.

I dyno'ed my previous engine combo, using 2.25 car headers dumping into a 6 inch flex pipe, no accessories. New combo, dynoed with accessories, my stellings headers which are smaller diamter, as well as marine headers (flow upwards instead of downwords), my tailpipes which are 3ft long with 4"ID tube, on a totally differnt dyno. When comparing my dyno sheets, my new combo shows to be making 30hp less than the old combo. However, my new combo, is actually going FASTER in the boat. I added 250lbs of stern weight with new combo, and on paper it shows 30hp less, but, the boat tells the real story. Esp since I didn't change props or anything else.
Thanks Joe for referring to post #2... lol

How did you like GH?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

true, one thing that makes me feel "ok" with my weak numbers is they were with my Stainless Marine exhaust, a charging alternator and sea pump, I don;lt think many dyno the way we did at Ryans... that puts me approx. 660-670 hp in my eyes, not bad but certaintly no home run.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Thanks Joe for referring to post #2... lol

How did you like GH?
I liked it there. The launch ramp could use some longer docks, but other than that, awesome little town. Would like to get back up there when I have some more time to explore town and what not. We got in the water friday evening, got situated in our slips, grabbed some dinner, and crashed. Saturday , took a quick walk thru town, ran the boats up to Muskegan, dropped anchor for a bit there, ran back to GH, grilled some dinner, and crashed. Sunday ,boat ride to Port Sheldon, anchored for a bit, then back to GH, then loaded up and headed home around 3pm.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would like to check that out I think, let me know if you go again ..

I liked it there. The launch ramp could use some longer docks, but other than that, awesome little town. Would like to get back up there when I have some more time to explore town and what not. We got in the water friday evening, got situated in our slips, grabbed some dinner, and crashed. Saturday , took a quick walk thru town, ran the boats up to Muskegan, dropped anchor for a bit there, ran back to GH, grilled some dinner, and crashed. Sunday ,boat ride to Port Sheldon, anchored for a bit, then back to GH, then loaded up and headed home around 3pm.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,250 Likes on 605 Posts

You barely scratched the surface. You have to come up for one of the WMO runs. It's a great time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.