Notices

EFI Systems

Old 08-19-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree that above idle closed loop is fine (I have mine open loop until 1500rpm - NA motor though). I have my idle well tuned 1500 and below. Also, if I do happen to kill an o2 I sort of have a limp home mode. Unlike ez though, I've had good luck with the innovative extender (I lost my fair share of o2's prior to using). I guess it probably comes down to the exhaust system, how much water your introducing into the stream, location, etc.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Has anyone here had any good experience with running a closed loop system?
You can use it to tune the base tune but I would turn it off or atleast have the abilty to turn it off while on the boat, Problem is if the 02 sensor gets wet the heating element inside of it will crack it, thus screwing with the reading causing your engine to be to lean or rich, usally lean
Originally Posted by kvogt
It is very difficult to run closed loop at idle. I run closed loop from 1800 rpm on up.
This is also true special with marine with big open exhaust.
Originally Posted by CDShack
What's your experience with closed loop at idle. Looking to EFI a set of twin turbo motors and currently thinking closed loop.
Wont matter if its twins or not still the same exhaust, I have twin turbo LS in my boat, 02 before the turbo's and I still wreck an 02 sensor. This is with dry exhaust 15" past the turbos.

Originally Posted by kvogt
I have 5 inch exhaust on my blower motors and you fight sucking back outside air at idle giving you false lean readings on the o2s. If your putting the o2s before the turbos the problem may not exist. I run the Holley Dominators systems with the new v4 software and it works great in closed loop above idle. Also the NTK o2 sensors are more durable than the bosch imo.
What he said, I'm running ntk in mine at 250 a pop, you don't want togo screwing to many of these up. I love my EFI don't get me wrong way better then carb and even with out closed loop I can idle all day long and never load up the engine.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

I've seen the plates under the turbos where they screw in the 02, what causes them to crash at that location. Should be little to no water there? Are they too close to exhaust for fuel condensation to burn off?
Old 08-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 265 Posts

After playing with my wideband and seeing how much the mixture varies just from the time of day I'd go closed loop if that's an option.

Super Chevy's list.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-market-today/
How much variation are you seeing in a/f reading?
Old 08-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
How much variation are you seeing in a/f reading?
I didn't have much time on the throttle and they were short experiments, but it richened up more than a half a point around sundown. it seems like it would lean out with the air more dense, so I'm calling it inconclusive until I have a chance to repeat it. Hopefully this weekend.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
snake oil when comes to a boat setup, if you are getting ANY water near the 02 this is NOT going to help, we tried all kinds of stuff like this a while back, only cure was to move to a header tube which worked fine(how accurate no way to tell, but seemed fine) as far as the EFI really need to run with the 02 or at least do ALL tuning with one
I wholeheartedly disagree. This works well specifically in more traditional manifold/riser/elbow combinations. I've done both with and without and this unit helps.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

That was such a nebulous post that all I got out of it is that he likes dick.
No but word around the campfire your ol lady sure does. Now that is NOT nebulous!

Old 08-20-2016, 02:12 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
No but word around the campfire your ol lady sure does. Now that is NOT nebulous!

Well that's certainly no secret! Lol!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Well that's certainly no secret! Lol!
What would this world be like without humor.