Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Cam motion reported that there is nothing wrong with the cam wear.
Really. By the pic it looks like .010 to .015 or so wear. Camera effects? Just asking cause I've run endurance cams for hundreds of hours and not have what appears to be wear from roller. Interesting though anyway. Tks for posting
Old 01-09-2017, 08:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Pg 21 !
Old 01-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I didn't see the cams myself, only pictures posted of, so either the pics were extremely deceiving or camera angle/shadow etc or of different cams all together. I'm really confused now. Still waiting on comments from CM.
Pics were my cams, no reason to post otherwise, the video I sent Joe the day I pulled intakes were in fact my cams, Cam motion said they are fine, the scaling snakeskin marks he said should not have been there, but he assured me that was not going to be an issue, I had a buddy check them for harness, that came back ok, I mean I did what I was expected to do, yet it is still in question always, people wonder why I get so defensive, I bet I have done more then anyone else here for looking into issues...no matter what I do I lose in OSO court... "if they were his cams" gimme a break.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Really. By the pic it looks like .010 to .015 or so wear. Camera effects? Just asking cause I've run endurance cams for hundreds of hours and not have what appears to be wear from roller. Interesting though anyway. Tks for posting
The black mark on the cams was not felt witha fingernail, maybe in more time they would have I don't know, I can only go off what cam grinder told me.. he said it would have been ok..

As far as my duration before being OK? I will never agree with anyone that it was, less lift or not...
Old 01-09-2017, 08:19 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
I bet I have done more then anyone else here for looking into issues.
No.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
Pg 21 !
Seems the goal is to pizz me off enough to keep defending myself to the point of being a jerk, I am sick of it... I am posting facts, but in OSO eyes I am still an idiot, my head porter is stupid and sucks, my next cams will be wrong, even though 5 people are nearly spot on with same specs, yet you have offered zero info besides pushing for 200 page nightmare thread, I have enough BS going on in life, I don;t need you people that hate on me to push me more, I keep sharing for good tech talk and learning for all of us, I stopped being negative, maybe a few others should....
Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
No.
Wheres your boat and builds at? you have a twin engine offshore boat with 540's? or bigger? what is your engines? pics? what cam am I supposed to use? you never answered Joe...
Old 01-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have not found another person that posted about porting the heads and such to see results... maybe I will be the first hope it's a good thread
You must have missed my Engine Quest head thread lol
Old 01-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
315 CNC AFR apparently before they were on the **** list......lol
The 315's are a great head. You heads, were not ran out of the box from AFR though. They were tuned up , received DEL WEST valves, and some other work before being installed on the engines originally. Those engines came from Chicago, and were dyno'd at Fast Times Motorworks back when they were orignally built.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:32 PM
SB
Registered

Wheres your boat and builds at? you have a twin engine offshore boat with 540's? or bigger? what is your engines? pics? what cam am I supposed to use? you never answered Joe...
You need to calm down. Otay ?

You take every freakin thing as an attack.

What the hell dude ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.