Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm using the ISKY tool room springs as well Tim.

A little pricy, but what can you do?
Old 01-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Anyone see this before? Out of the box afr 325 marine spec heads... pics sent to me hour ago... asking questions

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563595[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?-img_6735.jpg   AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?-img_6738.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
I'm using the ISKY tool room springs as well Tim.

A little pricy, but what can you do?
Bill talked to PAC, there is endurance spring they are talking, working on pricing now.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Crazy, huh? Doesn't quite fit the narrative of the last year or so.

Can we argue that the profile is suspect? Probably

Are the cams physically bad after 65 hours? Not according to those who are in the business and have held them in their hands.

Hold on a minute, let me get my Nomex gear on fellas........ok, good to go.
I find it interesting, because kip fabre saw the pictures, and saidit either could be a manufacturing defect, or , a lifter bore alignment issue. I posted tims pictures on speedtalk, and i believe mike jones saw the pictures, and also agreed there was an issue there.

But now, cam motion says theyre "normal" , but offered to regrind at no charge? Sorry. Still not buying it . Especially when several other builders here had the same type of wear showing, some after only dyno pulls.

I call it like i see it, and from where im sitting, it looks like yet another case of sweeping stuff under the rug.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:57 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Anyone see this before? Out of the box afr 325 marine spec heads... pics sent to me hour ago... asking questions

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563595[/ATTACH]
Yours have been gone through twice shouldn't be anything for you to be concerned with. Were your seats ok ?
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Totally normal. Nothing to see here
Attached Thumbnails AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?-14615775_1682541422063393_486952856238658223_o.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Totally normal. Nothing to see here
Can you send me a link to your cell phone micrometer and Rockwell tester?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:03 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I find it interesting, because kip fabre saw the pictures, and saidit either could be a manufacturing defect, or , a lifter bore alignment issue. I posted tims pictures on speedtalk, and i believe mike jones saw the pictures, and also agreed there was an issue there.

But now, cam motion says theyre "normal" , but offered to regrind at no charge? Sorry. Still not buying it . Especially when several other builders here had the same type of wear showing, some after only dyno pulls.

I call it like i see it, and from where im sitting, it looks like yet another case of sweeping stuff under the rug.
I'm sure Tim will speak to it, but I thought Cam Motion agreed to take care of him before they even saw the cams as a customer service. I think Johnson did the same at some point?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Does BOB M. even post on OSO anymore??? Just curious.

Gitrdunn......Did Jim V do anything to my engines? Seems to have a good following.
Jim v set up heads in fact caught a defect from dart and took care of it and they sent replacement. . That's why I buy bare castings and drop off to head guy. I realize not everyone has that luxury nearby but was still a few couple hour trips when said and done. When It comes to heads that guy is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Beyond normal maint I leave heads to the experts.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,186 Likes on 1,423 Posts

If this is the case, is this not an issue with machining ?? and will have the same result no matter what cam goes in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.