Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
what do you mean[out of the box]?are you saying a new unused head?
They were before ran. That's all I stated don't mean anything really at all.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 103 Posts

Is I possible that....

Cam Motion is biased, trying to protect themselves?

Tim just wants free Cams?

Multiple variables and parts contributing to Tims valve train instability?

Bob designed a bad combination for Tim?

Bob Lied?

Tims a moron?

Coincidence that dozens of others including Haxby, MER, Orlandi have stopped working with Bob?

Some users on this site are getting brainwashed by Bob over the phone like Orlandi used to?

We all pretty much agree Tim was led down the wrong path by Bob for at least one or multiple ways. We will never know the exact truth but we sure as heck can learn from Tim's nightmare.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have not chosen cams.... or who's making them.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The cam guy knows what's wrong and so does the lifter guy and if they let the cat out it will look like CHERNOBYL on here and everyone will want something for free and cause a meltdown.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
For myself at the time I was told "Chromoly made for me and marine use" sold to me as "ready to go and bolt on" trust me looking nback after finding out that was not true I got screwed.
Your not alone and by rights with a reputable head company should be able to bolt and go. I've read several guys on various forums that have done it successfully. Now and then I here of a horror story similar to yours and makes me appreciate why I don't. Like we've talked before quality everywhere seems to be going downhill and fast. It's like employees just simply don't care and smoke to much weed. The cams is a bit of a touchy situation as to who the blame falls on in my opinion. For one we all want to go faster and willing to take some risk to do so. Other is CM simply ground cams to bobs specs. Being in the bisiness if there was a red flag it should have been raised at the time. But again they simply ground to bobs so called professionals specs. I'd be shocked if CM would grind two new cams at no charge. That in my opinion should be bobs responsibility. He placed an order that would not withstand the capability of an endurance cam lobe nor came close to HP at 6k. Why didn't they? Was it a combination of the exhaust and intake with accessories? Others have achieved 700 hp @ 6k but different combos. 700 hp is completely doable but not as simple as one might think. To simply bolt on parts and expect to hit 700 first pull or two would be great and I'm sure there's many that have the know how. Bob being one of them and obviously has had or woulda been ditched long ago.

There's engines 540 CI plus out there pulling well over 700 @ 6@ with less duration than tims. FACT.

But regardless of what I posted I'm glad to know the cams are fine and show normal wear for 60 hrs. That's gotta make a lot of CM cam engine guys feel good. I know I sure would. Right... chit happens but we move on. The whole thing is unfortunate however it's to bad we won't know the real difference in gains with the new intakes and head porting will be cause not real back to back testing but I can't really blame Tim for just wanting to be done with it. There's potentially 50 hp if the head guy worked intakes etc and matched to heads. I would assume he did.

Last edited by getrdunn; 01-10-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guess the cam please

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563601[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?-img_6759.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563602[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?-img_6759.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563603[/ATTACH]
Old 01-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Not difficult to tell int from exh.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That being said I seen very few proven 700 hp 540's... 680-690.... sure... 700 and up? Not many... and if so it's a huge secret to specs..

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Your not alone and by rights with a reputable head company should be able to bolt and go. I've read several guys on various forums that have done it successfully. Now and then I here of a horror story similar to yours and makes me appreciate why I don't. Like we've talked before quality everywhere seems to be going downhill and fast. It's like employees just simply don't care and smoke to much weed. The cams is a bit of a touchy situation as to who the blame falls on in my opinion. For one we all want to go faster and willing to take some risk to do so. Other is CM simply ground cams to bobs specs. Being in the bisiness if there was a red flag it should have been raised at the time. But again they simply ground to bobs so called professionals specs. I'd be shocked if CM would grind two new cams at no charge. That in my opinion should be bobs responsibility. He placed an order that would not withstand the capability of an endurance cam lobe nor came close to HP at 6k. Why didn't they? Was it a combination of the exhaust and intake with accessories? Others have achieved 700 hp @ 6k but different combos. 700 hp is completely doable but not as simple as one might think. To simply bolt on parts and expect to hit 700 first pull or two would be great and I'm sure there's many that have the know how. Bob being one of them and obviously has had or woulda been ditched long ago.

There's engines 540 CI plus out there pulling well over 700 @ 6@ with less duration than tims. FACT.

But regardless of what I posted I'm glad to know the cams are fine and show normal wear for 60 hrs. That's gotta make a lot of CM cam engine guys feel good. I know I sure would. Right... chit happens but we move on. The whole thing is unfortunate however it's to bad we won't know the real difference in gains with the new intakes and head porting will be cause not real back to back testing but I can't really blame Tim for just wanting to be done with it. There's potentially 50 hp if the head guy worked intakes etc and matched to heads. I would assume he did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.