Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
this go at it may i suggest 8620 cam cores!
He might want to go to carbide or diamond coated.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I'm glad it's all fun and games when I'm over here spending thousands and thousands and pulling my hair out ....
Well I know guys who pay thousands and thousands to have hair plugged back in so.... I realize you have faith in your cam guys but don't let them talk you into lots of duration. Your boat will hate it. It's already possessed as it is. Lol
Old 01-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Well I know guys who pay thousands and thousands to have hair plugged back in so.... I realize you have faith in your cam guys but don't let them talk you into lots of duration. Your boat will hate it. It's already possessed as it is. Lol
I don't think 248-254 or so induration is a lot, for the last year Oso said my cams were too small so did everyone else, now I have real numbers and 6 cam guys as of today all working a couple degrees... I'm gonna listen to the guys who do cams sorry...
Old 01-10-2017, 08:33 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

So either cam motion and your local guy are lying to you or the engines didn't need to come apart, right? What's your take on it Tim?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I'm glad it's all fun and games when I'm over here spending thousands and thousands and pulling my hair out ....

Im calling bull**** on that one.... you had no hair way before Bob got hold of you.

I did just drop off an envelope stuffed with unmarked non sequential bills at my engine guys shop today. So yeah, the money part sucks, but unless your wife got you a charter membership to the hairclub for men doe christmas, .......
Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

BTW...your pm box is full Tim.....
Old 01-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bck
So either cam motion and your local guy are lying to you or the engines didn't need to come apart, right? What's your take on it Tim?
Want my honest take??

Engines were built and did not perform even close to expectations, tons of guys said check cams out and valvetrain, I pull engines due to a trans issue, Joe says dude pull the intake and take a peek, I said ok... and did.... then I see wear on cams, some guys say bad, so I pull other engine and take both apart, I see some side marks and a "snakeskin" looking finsish, sent Kip pics he says that should not be like that but would be ok, said if I want to get new cams send them back, then I had Frickstyle check them for harness, they came back ok there, I send cams to local guy and then to Kip, still say they are not bad, wear is normal, guys still say no it's not, personally I think if nothing else the snakeskin marks are not normal, as I have never seen that on a cam before, the other wear I have seen so I am to the point of dismissing it since everyone said the low duration is that is the issue and new cams will be more.

Today I post pics with similar wear and I get crickets.....those cams were 236/[email protected] .578/.578 lift on 114... so no way were they hard on valvetrain and were in engines more then 100 hours.

So as of now, I think I have done everything and then some to ensure proper parts picking, proper cams, detailed work, flow numbers, new intakes, lots more cash.... all while people still tell me I am not doing it right, I often wonder why I keep posting, mostly to show others a 700 hp 540 is some effort, the rest is to show the haters I really am not an idiot no matter wtf they think..

final thought? the boats gonna go back together, and its going to run what it runs, if not I worry about next step then if any at all, even when it was not performing to my liking, I boated EVERY WEEKEND..... lots more then most of my haters telling me I am doing it wrong..most would have given up, Look at Dan.... enough was enough, nobody ripping him an azz for trying to do all his own stuff and he had his ups and downs, like most... you guys say I have thin skin? ya ok.... I think I am doing pretty fukkin good at dealing with a NIGHTMARE for 2 years!!!!

so thats my take..
Old 01-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phragle
BTW...your pm box is full Tim.....
fixed
Old 01-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Great machinist app.
Allows one to diagnose internal engine component wear with only a few cell phone snap shots.
How the hell did anyone ever build anything before the interwebs?
I use that app for tuning my carb.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim! Tim! Your doing it all wrong!

lol !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.