Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Without a high resolution pic of the gravel truck I just can't take your word for it over the Internet.
I was recently told, this isn't a gravel truck, its a school bus. A local trucking expert said so.
Attached Thumbnails AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?-dump-truck-gravel.jpg  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Wate I'm confused are we on cams again?
Old 01-12-2017, 07:16 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
How many hours have you logged on that scarab in the past several years? Or are we just continuing to shell out some money, stiff a few people, bash a few people, and yet, still had a boat that hasnt seen water in how long? Your dyno sessions were a joke. Your knowledge of engines are a joke. If you knew 1/10th of what you act like you do, we would be seeing some pictures and videos of your boat tearing it up on the water, instead, we hear about the 6 years of dyno testing, trying to chase down 40hp with 100 different combinations of parts, none of which have actually been proven to work out in the field.

From where i stand , it would be prettt easy for Tims mistress to smoke your boat, considering its a yet another "work in progress" like most of the oso experts boats. The typical Bob madera is the best crowd, that have 15 minutes of run time , zero speed gain data from their mods, but think a "cam" and head package, is putting them out front in the poker run circuit.

I got your high resolution cell phone pic right here. Anytime you wanna line up that scarab on lake michigan, let me know. Ill be sure to take cash only though, as from what I hear, your not very good on paper.
Aww, c'mon MT where the love? Me and you have soo much in common. We both have great resolution, Google for a search engine and we've both built the exact same amount of engines. How many boats have powered by mild thunder on the valve covers? We all know you've spec'd a lot more cams than Bob, but now you even know more than Cam Motion. You have no problem keeping Tim stirred up when it benefits you to badmouth his cams but what other advice have you given him other than getting him to tear apart perfectly good engines to further your goals?
Old 01-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bck
Aww, c'mon MT where the love? Me and you have soo much in common. We both have great resolution, Google for a search engine and we've both built the exact same amount of engines. How many boats have powered by mild thunder on the valve covers? We all know you've spec'd a lot more cams than Bob, but now you even know more than Cam Motion. You have no problem keeping Tim stirred up when it benefits you to badmouth his cams but what other advice have you given him other than getting him to tear apart perfectly good engines to further your goals?
Youre right! I never even turned a wrench!

As for advice for Tims engines, lets see.

Tim you should take a look at those valve guides . (Turned out they were tight)

Tim, you should replace those valvesprings, they are not endurance springs. (Turned out they are not)

Tim, you should check your spring install heights ...(turns out they were all over the place)

Tim, you should upgrade valve seat materials if you could afford to do so (several members here have seen excessive valve seat erosion over a short time)

Tim, you should pull your intakes and take a look at the lobes (even kip from cam motion admitted they shouldnt look like that contrary to what you have heard)

Tim, ill come down to help you with your dyno session.

And about a million calls and texts between him and I over these engines the past 2 years.

As for the 10 dollar software programs, some very high end builders utilize modern software for engine development . Its not the end all, but it is certainly better than throwing a dart at a page of a catalog.

So, being that you live so close to marine kinetics, and have had it with all the engine builders that failed you in the past, why didnt you have Bob M dyno your engines? Or assemble your engines? Oh thats right, he doesnt do that.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

As far as coming there to race or running my boat, I keep my dick in my pants when I'm not using it, not on my trailer. You should take yours out a little more often at home and you wouldn't need it to be stroked so much here.

Last edited by bck; 01-12-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Thx for all the help btw! I can say mild has helped me more then anyone on Oso... anyone.

Tim, you should replace those valvesprings, they are not endurance springs. (Turned out they are not)

Tim, you should check your spring install heights ...(turns out they were all over the place)

Tim, you should upgrade valve seat materials if you could afford to do so (several members here have seen excessive valve seat erosion over a short time)

Tim, you should pull your intakes and take a look at the lobes (even kip from cam motion admitted they shouldnt look like that contrary to what you have heard)

And about a million calls and texts between him and I over these engines the past 2 years.

As for the 10 dollar software programs, some very high end builders utilize modern software for engine development . Its not the end all, but it is certainly better than throwing a dart at a page of a catalog.

So, being that you live so close to marine kinetics, and have had it with all the engine builders that failed you in the past, why didnt you have Bob M dyno your engines? Or assemble your engines? Oh thats right, he doesnt do that.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
As far as coming there to race or running my boat, I keep my dick in my pants when I'm not using it not on my trailer. You should take yours out a little more often at home and you wouldn't need it to be stroked so much here.
Deflection at best... you have logged how many hours? I did 50 last season and it ended in sept due to a trans.... you? 0....
Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

You're right Bob doesn't build and dyno engines. Take us on a tour of your machine shop and dyno cell. You can spec a cam from the front seat but everyone else needs a shop?

Tim's got it all figured out this time, you've taken good care of him. I'm all done here.

Last edited by bck; 01-12-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

I see another locked thread in the future....
Old 01-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bck
You're right Bob doesn't build and synopsis engines. Take us on a tour of your machine shop and dyno cell. If you can spec a cam from your front seat why can't Bob do it from his living room?
Im sorry, am I soliciting money from oso members, to pick them out a camshaft? I am I claiming to be in the custom cam business? Or engine building business? Do i have a website that claims a laundry list of services that I DO NOT provide? Nope. Just a hobbyist, who just has barely enough braincells left, to see thru the BS , with or without my high definition cell phone .

I do however have a boat. A boat that runs. I have tuned and helped many friends turn wrenches, and get their boats running better, as well as my own several boats ive owned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.