Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I enjoyed it all last summer, just was not happy lol

If they get boost it will not be with TRS's ..
Same thing I'm facing. Finding a deal some rather inexpensive got to get rid blowers will come along at some point but in tell then enjoy the boat. All this chit is like an additiction. I've had a few SC boats and are fun no doubt and easy HP but you still gotta stay on top of things and require a fair amount of tuning. Like abones said when do you say when. Regardless fast is never fast enough. Plain and simple. I have no problem either way. First I gotta make sure my boat floats and goes backward and forward.

Now there are also people who go from SC to NA and sell all there chit but don't mention why and still boat.??? What is it their sick of or not saying.

Tim the problem is if you did go SC how much money would you really have saved? Cut a little cost in heads I guess but then what? You'd still have built 540's. Still gotta have forged internals either way but now you need cost of SC's, double the carbs, couple intercoolers, carb linkage, brackets, tensioners, etc and the huge thing is drives and assm's.

Not downing the blowers cause like I said I've been down that road and they're a riot but can get costly.

Last edited by getrdunn; 01-29-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:33 PM
Registered

Plain and simple big horse power and old school boats don't mix well unless you update everything behind the engines. Then drive height? Transom work? Plain and simple. At that point probably financially better to buy different boat.

Last edited by getrdunn; 01-29-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

I would use prochargers, I do not have the space for roots blowers, I could have put them on my 420's, made 700+ and spent 30,000 less and if you break one the replacement long block is super cheap... boy do I regret.....

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Same thing I'm facing. Finding a deal some rather inexpensive got to get rid blowers will come along at some point but in tell then enjoy the boat. All this chit is like an additiction. I've had a few SC boats and are fun no doubt and easy HP but you still gotta stay on top of things and require a fair amount of tuning. Like abones said when do you say when. Regardless fast is never fast enough. Plain and simple. I have no problem either way. First I gotta make sure my boat floats and goes backward and forward.

Now there are also people who go from SC to NA and sell all there chit but don't mention why and still boat.??? What is it their sick of or not saying.

Tim the problem is if you did go SC how much money would you really have saved? Cut a little cost in heads I guess but then what? You'd still have built 540's. Still gotta have forged internals either way but now you need cost of SC's, double the carbs, couple intercoolers, carb linkage, brackets, tensioners, etc and the huge thing is drives and assm's.

Not downing the blowers cause like I said I've been down that road and they're a riot but can get costly.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

depends on what you are doing, in the mistress I never expect to break 80, at that point a different boat would be in order, procharged 420's put my buddys at 76 with zero dialing in... not too shabby for a TRS Mistress with simple setup, dialed in I see it going 78-80...

Plain and simple big horse power and old school boats don't mix well unless you update everything behind the engines. Then drive height? Transom work? Plain and simple. At that point probably financially better to buy different boat.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuel economy is directly related to RPM / love to make serious grunt down low / hey Tim any build updates share a little please ,please
Old 01-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Got cams, heads are done...
Old 01-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

details please , only if your in the mood
Old 01-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing I can tell you is.. 900HP supercharged VS 900HP NA the NA version will bankrupt you in fuel costs!! as a blower motor is far more efficient in cruise mode than any NA engine could dream of being...
Old 01-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by hotrodford
details please , only if your in the mood
I gotta be honest, after the constant bashing of myself, and the person helping me with people continuing to tell me I'm going to fail, I am not into sharing the details, why? So I can be told my heads suck? My port work sucks? My cams are wrong? My new lifters suck? Why didn't I do this or that? I'm over it... I am making the best of the situation I have.... that's not good for guys here...I keep getting beat up about it
Old 01-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by adk61
One thing I can tell you is.. 900HP supercharged VS 900HP NA the NA version will bankrupt you in fuel costs!! as a blower motor is far more efficient in cruise mode than any NA engine could dream of being...
This is where I beg to differ. wtf. First off not to many NA 900 hp boat engines out cruising around. So let's do a more realistic comparison. 700 NA vs 700 SC. Same driving characteristics. No way. Notta. I know this cause my partner had SC and myself NA twin app same hulls and he'd stop at every port possible to fuel up. More efficient??? Research how much hp it takes to get 900 hp SC.

Didn't matter how we ran either. Regardless I don't pay attention to fuel and doubt it will bankrupt me only having a 2 1/2 month season so either way I could care less. I run hard and when I need fuel I get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.