Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 10-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I was told over and over- compression, compression, compression!

You sure your not confusing him with CPR class??
Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

or..... like Brian Orlandi for the longest time was being told the issues were everything BUT Bob's combo, so... if he can convince Orlandi he was the issue, how many others would talk to Bob and be swayed into thinking the builder was the issue.... never Bob.. can't be.... I was into my builds too far when things started coming out, had to go with it as the cash was not there to start over, you guys see where that got me... I am upset but very glad I found it now and Joe made me look...

Originally Posted by buck35
Had I been ready a couple of years ago, I probably would have been one of the unfortunate souls to have gotten taken as he seemed to be the man at the time. I have to guess there are a ton of bad builds out there that either haven't reared their ugly heads or just don't have enough hours yet to show the issues to an extent the owner realizes theres a problem.

its fall, isn't everyone supposed to be fighting?
Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't fight now we pretty much know that all the fighting was Bobs fault lol
Old 10-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

really makes you think he's a builder....
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...HTzG0LZy17UMSA
Old 10-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Can't fight now we pretty much know that all the fighting was Bobs fault lol
Well unfortunately for you , but this has been an extremely informative thread , and has gotten folks back on the same page! Maybe we should all toss a few bucks your way just because!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Ya be thankful you caught it now cause I have a strong feeling you wanted to be talked into cruising through another season or so and wait til refresh time to go after the extra power left on table. I simple dial indicator can be pretty useful finding valvetrain issues also. Then again many applications can be more time consuming to pull valve covers than intakes. No lifter valley screens also made very quick to identify lobe issues without pulling rockers and lifters.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol yaaaa well it sucks, it's part of the hobby... I spent a lot, learned a lot, still boated a lot, the whole Tim in the back of my mind I waited for explosions, guys that hated me don't as much now, I can be a jerk and we all can, emotions take a toll at times especially when you spend 35,000.00 on engines that you pay CASH for... And have a wife just say whatever... And not care, but other things get set aside for a while like the furniture I just got her. The reason a say that is some guys just say fix it, change it or whatever but at the end of the day it's my money that went out and has to go out AGAIN, so yes that part gets old. I made some good friends and Joe and I because just that, and helped a lot. I proved can build engines in the end, and that I made some small mistakes and learned, we all learned many things even during the pizzing matches... At the end of they day none of us wish my nightmare on anyone and I am at least glad it's showing others "hey I might wanna rethink my build" before its to late, that makes it worth it to me... Even at my expense!

I will make this right, I know it's gonna be good in the end as I have things in the right persons hands now, wish some of the guys that helped me here were local to come hang out while we do this... Maybe I will see 74 mph next year lol

Originally Posted by buck35
Well unfortunately for you , but this has been an extremely informative thread , and has gotten folks back on the same page! Maybe we should all toss a few bucks your way just because!
Old 10-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I hear that! On a good note... Another year to not worry about winterizing hahaha
Originally Posted by getrdunn
Ya be thankful you caught it now cause I have a strong feeling you wanted to be talked into cruising through another season or so and wait til refresh time to go after the extra power left on table. I simple dial indicator can be pretty useful finding valvetrain issues also. Then again many applications can be more time consuming to pull valve covers than intakes. No lifter valley screens also made very quick to identify lobe issues without pulling rockers and lifters.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Just imagine all the unhappy customers who are scared to post, don't like drama, or are not even member here!
Think of all the other non marine shorter duration higher lift combos out there. This could go well beyond this forum.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Is the hard annodizing an option?
Yes it is I had it done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.