Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Has anyone heard from Bob? It be interesting to hear why these cams are showing lobe wear, and some being outperformed when back to back tests were completed vs another off the shelf camshaft. I've heard him critique others camshaft designs, it be interesting to hear.

Maybe its assembly error by some of the pro engine builders.

Maybe its the springs supplied by afr on his "custom" heads he gets machined especially for marine endurance applications. You know, the same ones that you can get from any afr dealer with a inconel valve upgrade.

Maybe its the builders secretly sabatoging the builds to make him look bad

Maybe its the cam companys fault

Maybe its the lifter companies fault

Maybe its the brand of oil used

Maybe its the block isnt thermally stable

Maybe its a big scam to put him out of business .

Maybe its the lifter bore clearance again.
You forgot Obama.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Zone 5
I guess I must have missed where anywhere in internet land its posted that I have a MK cam or ever had. You make this BS up as you go along.

As I have said in multiple places, I and others I know have bought a ton of parts from Bob ( with ZERO issues), but that does not include cams.

I don't believe that I have ever told anyone to buy a custom cam. I very well may have told someone to call Bob if they had a question on multiple parts including cams. I also highly doubt that there is any post from me defending him, as there has never been a need to. If you think I'm getting in the middle of this thread and saying any opinion, you are sadly mistaken.
With the amount of backpeddaling seems you and BHB must not be locked in a 69 embrace any longer.. progress
Old 10-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Zone 5 defended Bob in. My thread before from what I recall...

When you call Bob have him chime in here, if he still has the ability to
Old 10-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
With the amount of backpeddaling seems you and BHB must not be locked in a 69 embrace any longer.. progress
what back pedeling are you talking about? Find a link to back up the BS you are trying to pedal.

Do you think if you say the same BS enough times it will come true? Your middle name must be hillary.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Zone 5 defended Bob in. My thread before from what I recall...

When you call Bob have him chime in here, if he still has the ability to
You started this agenda thread and you claim this? If you know where it is, post the link.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
Hopefully this thread will stay on target as an analysis thread about camshaft issues, and not digress into another flame thread that will have to be locked or deleted. Although extremely long, there is some useful information buried in here.
Nah, this one is the therapeutic venting chit show. That googler dude started another thread for data and folks are respecting that as it should be.

My big annoyance with MK is all the friggin hoops he had me jumping through, flow benching etc, thinking that I was doing legit due diligence when it was just a ruse to cover his lack of experience.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here we go, agenda thread, this is nothing more then posting FACTS... As clearly seen, ok thx
Originally Posted by Zone 5
You started this agenda thread and you claim this? If you know where it is, post the link.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't want this thread locked let's keep to the facts here, this is clearly an issue as seen here with proof, no agenda at all, besides warning others
Old 10-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Btw, where`s that Zone 5 guy? Over at Boatfreaks still in love with BHB?. Boatfreaks looooove them some magic Bobby cams.
Originally Posted by Full Force
I don't want this thread locked let's keep to the facts here, this is clearly an issue as seen here with proof, no agenda at all, besides warning others
I'm only here because your friend chose to bring me and my board into this thread 1000+ posts in. Your engine issues are yours not mine.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You didn't have to reply, see ya....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.