Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Nah, this one is the therapeutic venting chit show. That googler dude started another thread for data and folks are respecting that as it should be.

My big annoyance with MK is all the friggin hoops he had me jumping through, flow benching etc, thinking that I was doing legit due diligence when it was just a ruse to cover his lack of experience.
Sounds about right. Didnt he tell you , that going to one of his cams would net you 100hp or so in your 502 ?
Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I don't want this thread locked let's keep to the facts here, this is clearly an issue as seen here with proof, no agenda at all, besides warning others
I agree. I know it's not my thread but there is a lot of knowledge for many to gain from myself included. Lots of good info. So please let's keep the info coming and post. No need for any BS... Just facts regarding cams and combos would be nice. MT starting other thread will only continue to help everyone of interest.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Btw, where`s that Zone 5 guy? Over at Boatfreaks still in love with BHB?. Boatfreaks looooove them some magic Bobby cams.
Originally Posted by Zone 5
So nice to get PM's saying that my name and board have been dragged into this. Too bad I have never ever suggested that anyone buy a custom cam, and did not even use one in my own boat.

But I am glad to see that as much as you hate Boatfreaks that you keep trying to join. strange, you lied on the registration as I don't think your claim of being from NY is correct.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
You didn't have to reply, see ya....
I'd suggest you explain that to your friend. He is the one that chose the course, not me. As I said I don't care about your engine issues. If I did I would have posted back when you started this thread.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Registered

Jesus christ. Dude , you arent getting it. Again, nobody wants to hear your garbage. We get it , icdedppl mentioned you, you stated your case here, now let the adults get back to talking .
Old 10-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Sounds about right. Didnt he tell you , that going to one of his cams would net you 100hp or so in your 502 ?
He said that it should be achievable but we never got past the preliminaries. There was no real speculation or promises. At some point I would like to switch out that cam for something more appropriate, but it will just be an off the shelf unit. I'm more bothered with the 110lsa than anything else.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Registered

Btw, where`s that Zone 5 guy? Over at Boatfreaks still in love with BHB?. Boatfreaks looooove them some magic Bobby cams.:
Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Jesus christ. Dude , you arent getting it. Again, nobody wants to hear your garbage. We get it , icdedppl mentioned you, you stated your case here, now let the adults get back to talking .

your buddy has the issue, not me. Do you not think I could have posted on this thread days ago if I cared about it? maybe you and the rest of your buddies should have a talk with ICDEDPPL and tell him to stay on topic and not bring up peoples names that could care less what you have to say. Of course, as usual, you try and deflect and now you have started with the name calling.

Again, I don't care about FF's engine. I do care about being thrown into this mess by one of your friends.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Good talk.... Bye! See ya
Old 10-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Registered

Btw, where`s that Zone 5 guy? Over at Boatfreaks still in love with BHB?. Boatfreaks looooove them some magic Bobby cams.:
Good talk.... Bye! See ya
Nah, based on your buddies post this is probably a thread worth reading from now on.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Hey zone 5, why dont you lift the ban you put on me over on boat freaks (even though i never posted there ), so i can come defend myself every time you have mentioned my name over there. Whats fair is fair right ?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
your buddy has the issue, not me. Do you not think I could have posted on this thread days ago if I cared about it? maybe you and the rest of your buddies should have a talk with ICDEDPPL and tell him to stay on topic and not bring up peoples names that could care less what you have to say. Of course, as usual, you try and deflect and now you have started with the name calling.

Again, I don't care about FF's engine. I do care about being thrown into this mess by one of your friends.
Yes ok our buddy shouldn't have asked where you were? Your right but now it's time to leave. You made it obvious you didn't care about tims issues or the thread in general so just go away already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.