Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 10-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Hey zone 5, why dont you lift the ban you put on me over on boat freaks (even though i never posted there ), so i can come defend myself every time you have mentioned my name over there. Whats fair is fair right ?
Never mentioned there since your attempt to crash the board
Old 10-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
So nice to get PM's saying that my name and board have been dragged into this. Too bad I have never ever suggested that anyone buy a custom cam, and did not even use one in my own boat.

But I am glad to see that as much as you hate Boatfreaks that you keep trying to join. strange, you lied on the registration as I don't think your claim of being from NY is correct.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Originally Posted by getrdunn
Yes ok our buddy shouldn't have asked where you were? Your right but now it's time to leave. You made it obvious you didn't care about tims issues or the thread in general so just go away already.
I think you missed part of the story.

And leave? As in leave OSO? I've been a member here longer than you. Who are you to tell me this?

Don't post my name, don't post the board I'm the Admin of, and I'll just read in peace.

Post lies and BS like ICDEDPPL did.....
Old 10-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Boatfreaks boatfreaks boatfreaks is it like beetlejuice? It gets mentioned and you're summoned?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

We can start a separate thread, showing all the screenshots i have of you and a few of your buddies bashing and chit talking me, and others, on boatfreaks. This thread, was started by Tim, about his issues, and certainly has evolved into a whole bunch of stuff. Real world stuff, for people who actually own boats, and engines. None of that pertains to you, so , can we get back to talking about the threads topic? Or, do you have something technical you wish to add here ?

Doug, you're attempt to get this thread deleted, or locked, is feeble. Honestly, even if it does get deleted, we'll just start another, and another, and another, pointing out facts and producing data. Your main sponsor "Marine Kinetics'" on boat freaks, doesnt run the show on offshoreonly . But good attempt , you get an A+ for trying to help him out by getting this thread closed.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Btw, where`s that Zone 5 guy? Over at Boatfreaks still in love with BHB?. Boatfreaks looooove them some magic Bobby cams.
Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Boatfreaks boatfreaks boatfreaks is it like beetlejuice? It gets mentioned and you're summoned?

Isn't the PM system wonderful. One of your buddies choses to make a lame incorrect remark about me, tried to join a board he has been banned from multiple times, and no one thinks I would call him out on it? and then when I do, its me not him that started it. Someone look at his post quoted above and see if I posted before that. The answer of course is no.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

So Full Force, when will you be tearing into engine #2?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Registered

We can start a separate thread, showing all the screenshots i have of you and a few of your buddies bashing and chit talking me, and others, on boatfreaks. This thread, was started by Tim, about his issues, and certainly has evolved into a whole bunch of stuff. Real world stuff, for people who actually own boats, and engines. None of that pertains to you, so , can we get back to talking about the threads topic? Or, do you have something technical you wish to add here ?

Doug, you're attempt to get this thread deleted, or locked, is feeble. Honestly, even if it does get deleted, we'll just start another, and another, and another, pointing out facts and producing data. Your main sponsor "Marine Kinetics'" on boat freaks, doesnt run the show on offshoreonly . But good attempt , you get an A+ for trying to help him out by getting this thread closed.
Have at your screen shots. (why you save BF's screen shots is beyond me) The same exsist on OSO of you and your guys calling a bunch of people including me out. Thats a stupid internet keyboard cowboy game.

So because I sold my boat an engine thread doesn't involve me? Still owning a boat has nothing to do with anything. Building motors? We have been down this path before. I'm not typing my resume out for you again. Its already on OSO.

Marine Kinetics our main sponsor? ROTFLMAO. not even close. Just because he has a banner ad doesn't mean anything as far as what pays for the site.

As far as getting this thread shut, Do you think if I wanted to do that I would have waited till today? I could care less if this thread stays up or not. But your comment that if it got shut you would just keep starting them shows that when I said you had an agenda that I was correct.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Back on topic:

Back when I was trying to get my engine build back on track, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with Bob M. At the time, I was very grateful for the time he took to explain valvetrain geometry, and he pointed me to some articles that helped with pushrod length selection, component selection, etc. At the time, I thought that he was just being a good guy and trying to help boaters like me out. Sorry to hear about the issues people are having with the cams that he spec'd. Makes me worry that much more about mine. I would have to think that he has heard about this thread by now, so it is kind of surprising that he has not posted in his own defense. In the past, if someone posted something that brought his products into question, he was pretty quick to notice.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

If you guys are planning another dyno session when done, I can lend my lightning headers for some comparison testing.
Maybe even my 14"KnN flame arrestor as well.
Hell, we can even try my carb, if you guys are feeling froggy
Old 10-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So Full Force, when will you be tearing into engine #2?
Have you pulled the heads from engine#1 yet? Would be interested to see if there are any issues with the valve seats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.