Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 11-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Rice haulers? Gravel haulers? I can't keep up here.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Love how it's still my fault after putting 65 hours of use on my engines... The only issues were not my building but everything Bob had a hand in...

I literally still have not had time to tear into engine 2, been slammed making money like Joe said to rebuild engines AGAIN.... Thanks to Bob spec build.... 2 friends fighting cancer that I spend time to go see, and having my own family and land to clean up for winter I been busy... I have no issues posting more results when I get tnem, hope to this weekend..

Still have yet to see proven long term good results...
Still have yet to get that email back from Bob .....

The best part is I take a ton of heat for exposing Bob and putting every single last detail of my build out there for everyone to pick apart, most guys hide this stuff... I call it live and learn... Don't call Bob
Old 11-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I love how guys like Joe and I have done nothing but show fax but certain people keep trying to defuse the situation from the actual problem
Old 11-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Will be good to get your heads and intakes out to the guy you had in mind down there. Then it's back to what cams again. I'm assuming your going to stay with hyd roller and if so look into the Howards grinds. Ive looked at a ton of shelf cams and always seem to go back to theirs when it comes to narrowing something down as to what I would choose for a certain build. Otherwise call bullet. Littler pricier route but good cores and good guys.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Heads going to my buddy's dad to be done, clean up had porting nothing crazy, get flow numbers...

Buying Brodix intakes and ditching these...
Either going short travel hydraulic or solid not sure yet there..
Cams and the rest is whatever bill comes up with, leaving that all up to him, I will assemble and hope to have cash left to Dyno both engines again.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Will be good to get your heads and intakes out to the guy you had in mind down there. Then it's back to what cams again. I'm assuming your going to stay with hyd roller and if so look into the Howards grinds. Ive looked at a ton of shelf cams and always seem to go back to theirs when it comes to narrowing something down as to what I would choose for a certain build. Otherwise call bullet. Littler pricier route but good cores and good guys.
Have you checked out comp cams master lobe catalog? Their marine and HUC series of hydraulic lobes are supposed to be very good. My buddy just ordered a pair of cams from them. He called, gave them the lobe part numbers for intake and exhaust choices i helped him pick out, tell them what lsa and icl you want. Less than a week later, cams are at your door . $410 dollars each. Billet with iron gear
Old 11-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Heads going to my buddy's dad to be done, clean up had porting nothing crazy, get flow numbers...

Buying Brodix intakes and ditching these...
Either going short travel hydraulic or solid not sure yet there..
Cams and the rest is whatever bill comes up with, leaving that all up to him, I will assemble and hope to have cash left to Dyno both engines again.
i wouldn't use a Brodix intake.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Black Baja
i wouldn't use a Brodix intake.
I am using what he says he uses and had success with, too many hands into the fire last time... Talked to few builders they love them, as my buddy does too... Not trying to be a dik but it's in his hands now
Old 11-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I am using what he says he uses and had success with, too many hands into the fire last time... Talked to few builders they love them, as my buddy does too... Not trying to be a dik but it's in his hands now
I understand completely. The Brodix will leave 30-40hp on the table out of the box to a box stock Super Victor.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Have you checked out comp cams master lobe catalog? Their marine and HUC series of hydraulic lobes are supposed to be very good. My buddy just ordered a pair of cams from them. He called, gave them the lobe part numbers for intake and exhaust choices i helped him pick out, tell them what lsa and icl you want. Less than a week later, cams are at your door . $410 dollars each. Billet with iron gear
Yes I have actually. That's were mine came from. Definitely an option also. They do a tremendous job with hardening process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.