Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 11-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

You would be better off on someone else's thread sucking Bob off, it's not a lifter bore, if it was you would have wear even worse over the nose, you can say I'm wrong but I have sent many pics to many people, all said same thing... So go find the threads that blow Bob M and bark up that tree... I really don't care wtf you think to be honest...

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Your a pretty funny guy. You might be better off with outboards!!
Old 11-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Don`t get the thread locked... that`s the whole plan it seems. They know how to get under your skin, don`t take the bait Tim.
I`m sure Sydways is just itching to delete this thing so all the info gets lost as usual.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 101 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561227[/ATTACH]

Anyone see something odd here?
Hmmmm.....blinded by the Bob light

How about another "expert" that has only proved how URELIABLY their own engines are

Or Maybe just a bully who sees Tim as an easy target but to scared to pick on Brian Orlandi, Mark Rhinda, Alex Haxby, or Dick Tryce.... 4 well respected professionals in this industry that all have had MAJOR issues with Bob Madara Marine Kinetics let alone DOZENS of others that also have spoken out in the many threads that have been deleted

Bet all these Bob lovers go on yelp arguing someone reviewing outback for overcooking their steak saying since you seen a commercial that showed it cooked perfectly that customer must have charred their own steak while cutting it to fast at the table....
Old 11-05-2016, 04:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561227[/ATTACH]

Anyone see something odd here?
Yes
Old 11-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I won't post anymore updates maybe, then the bob lovers won't have a reason to keep telling me it's my fault...

All the lifter bore issues, heads, springs, all that was hashed out... Not doing it again...moving on to facts of what I see, I didn't ask anyone's opinion of what they see, just posting results of 65 hour Bob cams.

Any long term success yet? With cams line mine? Where's Bob? I had another person tell me of same issues privately....also know Bobs been non existent recently...wonder why? Why is he not defending his specs? A few others do it for him ask Brian Orlandi how that worked out...
Old 11-05-2016, 06:26 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,177 Likes on 1,433 Posts

156 !

Is your guy doing some work to that Brodix intake ?
Old 11-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes.
The Super victor is not made with a 4150 flange so this is what I am using.
Originally Posted by SB
156 !

Is your guy doing some work to that Brodix intake ?

Last edited by Full Force; 11-05-2016 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
I won't post anymore updates maybe, then the bob lovers won't have a reason to keep telling me it's my fault...

All the lifter bore issues, heads, springs, all that was hashed out... Not doing it again...moving on to facts of what I see, I didn't ask anyone's opinion of what they see, just posting results of 65 hour Bob cams.

Any long term success yet? With cams line mine? Where's Bob? I had another person tell me of same issues privately....also know Bobs been non existent recently...wonder why? Why is he not defending his specs? A few others do it for him ask Brian Orlandi how that worked out...
I don't think anyone said its your fault. I do see what 14 Apache is referring to in the pic. I noticed it in the first cam pics. I don't think that's the problem though. The finish on these cams is just to ruff. Regardless if the cams are to ruff and everything looked perfect when it was pulled apart. The cam is just too small for the motor. 454-502 yeah. But a 6,000 rpm 540 never going to happen. You need a minimum of 8 degrees on the intake. So yeah Bob spec'd the Cam wrong. But the rest of the issue is the cam company.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cam company has offered a free set of cams in replacement of whatever grind we need, I will address that when the time comes, trying to get my parts to my buddy to get moving on this stuff... And hopefully put this behind me.

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I don't think anyone said its your fault. I do see what 14 Apache is referring to in the pic. I noticed it in the first cam pics. I don't think that's the problem though. The finish on these cams is just to ruff. Regardless if the cams are to ruff and everything looked perfect when it was pulled apart. The cam is just too small for the motor. 454-502 yeah. But a 6,000 rpm 540 never going to happen. You need a minimum of 8 degrees on the intake. So yeah Bob spec'd the Cam wrong. But the rest of the issue is the cam company.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Cam company has offered a free set of cams in replacement of whatever grind we need, I will address that when the time comes, trying to get my parts to my buddy to get moving on this stuff... And hopefully put this behind me.
I will not use anymore Cam Motion cams fact is they are junk. I have a 55mm cam here brand new and it's not going in any of my motors nor could I in good conscience sell it. I did let Bob spec that cam and of course it's to small 267/277 @.050 for a 6,800 rpm 632 nah never going to happen it would be luck to make it past 6,000. I honestly don't know how he comes up with these numbers. It's only about 20* off on the intake and 30* off on the exhaust.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.