Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 11-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Well, I guess I am on Mild Thunders Chit list, unfriended off FB and that's fine it is what it is, blows my mind after tons of hours of talking and playing with things and tuning and all, I am wiped out like that for what? because I did not say for sure my lifters are an issue? never once did I backstab, talk BS behind closed doors, bash anywhere in private or public, I stood up for Joe many times when people would text or PM me about him being a jerk to others... normally this would not bother me at all but I thought we were better friends then "boat forum buddies" since he even came to hang out all weekend to dyno and all...

Oh well, for what it's worth Joe, thanks for the help and talks, was fun and I learned a lot, I am sorry I am having someone local handle my situation, might be good might be bad, I am not sure if that is the issue or what but it is what it is... the sad part is you turned me onto Bob M from day1 when you still liked him and I never ever once said Gee thx for that....

I see friendships as deeper then FU I am walking away... guess my idea of friendship is different.

I cannot believe all the heartache this has caused me, and now friends also, I had peoples backs and it cost me a ton of greif, now I say F it and worry about myself. I can forsee the "Tim is an idiot" posts starting now and the hassle I am going to have to deal with in the future.
Tim, are you seriously calling me out?? I've listened to your engine problems for 18 months. I've picked up my phone when out to dinner with family, or doing things to take your calls. I've ignored what I was doing to exhange PM's with you about your engines several times a week for 18 months. I tried giving you the best advice I could, regarding tuning your engines, parts selections, and so on.

I drove 2 hours away, to Retters shop, where you were dynoing, on my BIRTHDAY weekend, after working several weeks of 16 hour shifts. I paid for my own hotel room, my own gas to get there, and spent almost 2 days there with you hanging out. Never asked for a cent. What have YOU done for me as a buddy? You couldnt even pick up the fuking tab for the 3 beers I had at buffalo wild wings? Retter basically opened his shop to you, and ran BOTH your engines on the dyno for nothing. And yet, you're talking about how broke you are, but all summer long sending videos of yourself pounding beers out on your boat, burning gas.

You got bent several times on this thread, anytime myself, or ANYONE, brought things up, that you didnt want to hear. Like valve seat upgrades. You flipped your lid. I simply mentioned that a few guys had the same issues with cam lobes as you are , who werent even on madera cams, but had johnson lifters, you again flipped your lid. Calling in your buddy Randy from Johnson to basically shut me up. Maybe I should post the screenshots you sent me, of Randy and Kip talking chit about Maderas cam designs, and how "kip" had to adjust them many times.

Keep blaming everyone else for your builds. Now you're blaming ME for turning you on to Bob?? Lol, Tim, I don't need anyone to "have my back" when someone talks about what a "jerk" I am. I wear big boy pants, and have plenty of friends. I can give a rats azz, who locally you decided to use. I am probably pretty sure, he like many others, myself included, will regret ever getting involved with you. Good luck on your builds you selfish ungrateful douchebag.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

It's bad enough that boats cost us a chit tone of money they are not sapost to cost us friends. I spend the money on these damn things to have good times with my friends like tim,Justin, Scott and the rest of all my boating friends. It isn't about who knows more or who has the better **** it's about getting and keeping these things running so we can have good times.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I told you 1000 times I appreciated everything and all that, this whole mess has been a nightmare and I always praised you for helping me COUNTLESS times, I would have done anything to help you out especially if I was local. I am gonna delete the thread if I can and love on, it sucks w are not gonna be buds anymore, you unfriended me so I took that as a see ya later.. you know deep down from our convos that I am not a jerk.. and do anything I can to help. not sure why I am the azzhole now.

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Tim, are you seriously calling me out?? I've listened to your engine problems for 18 months. I've picked up my phone when out to dinner with family, or doing things to take your calls. I've ignored what I was doing to exhange PM's with you about your engines several times a week for 18 months. I tried giving you the best advice I could, regarding tuning your engines, parts selections, and so on.

I drove 2 hours away, to Retters shop, where you were dynoing, on my BIRTHDAY weekend, after working several weeks of 16 hour shifts. I paid for my own hotel room, my own gas to get there, and spent almost 2 days there with you hanging out. Never asked for a cent. What have YOU done for me as a buddy? You couldnt even pick up the fuking tab for the 3 beers I had at buffalo wild wings? Retter basically opened his shop to you, and ran BOTH your engines on the dyno for nothing. And yet, you're talking about how broke you are, but all summer long sending videos of yourself pounding beers out on your boat, burning gas.

You got bent several times on this thread, anytime myself, or ANYONE, brought things up, that you didnt want to hear. Like valve seat upgrades. You flipped your lid. I simply mentioned that a few guys had the same issues with cam lobes as you are , who werent even on madera cams, but had johnson lifters, you again flipped your lid. Calling in your buddy Randy from Johnson to basically shut me up. Maybe I should post the screenshots you sent me, of Randy and Kip talking chit about Maderas cam designs, and how "kip" had to adjust them many times.

Keep blaming everyone else for your builds. Now you're blaming ME for turning you on to Bob?? Lol, Tim, I don't need anyone to "have my back" when someone talks about what a "jerk" I am. I wear big boy pants, and have plenty of friends. I can give a rats azz, who locally you decided to use. I am probably pretty sure, he like many others, myself included, will regret ever getting involved with you. Good luck on your builds you selfish ungrateful douchebag.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't chime in on most of these for the fact that I am not a engine builder but do like to learn and the next time mine need to come apart I will do it my self with the help of here and my friends. But it always seams to turn in to a pi ssing match and it gets old some times even in the winter.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

this was not supposed to be a war, and I do not want it to be one. ..
Old 11-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

I can't decide on grilled cheese or PB&J for a late night snack.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry to ruin friendships over fukking engines.... I don't even wanna post anymore and maybe it's best
Old 11-30-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Sorry to ruin friendships over fukking engines.... I don't even wanna post anymore and maybe it's best

Don't stop now
Old 11-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Might want to get the beer and popcorn..
Old 11-30-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Both are wrong, make a fish sandwich!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.