Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 09-30-2016, 06:36 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,228 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
I'd go, but I don't want to be the first over. I'm afraid he's gonna punch the first guy he sees.
Definitely tough emotions to deal with....for anyone.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:40 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,228 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
He might but it likely won't hurt.
I'm sorry, but that's funny. Something I would say to anyone I know in person. LOL.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Definitely tough emotions to deal with....for anyone.
No doubt.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

The point of totally starting over was to avoid this, I was told to ask bob some info, he talked me out of advice from local guys, and even Oso members, I thought I was getting a quality product, I did make some mistakes and learning curve and in the end the "building process" is just fine, the parts... The part are the issue here.. From the solid springs, to the marine "customs made for
Him" cylinders heads, to the lack of power, and now the premature wear on my cams and heads TBT still.. I will have that info shortly, spent 35,000.00 to worry nonstop, have you guys tell me I messed it up, and say " just fix it" yea it happens I get it, but it really sucks to see this after just wanting to go put the boat way running for once, good thing I smoked that Trans or I would have had bigger issues.

So you guys can blame me and my building all you want, but bob sold me on his talk... And big words that made me not listen to people I should have...
Old 09-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

He might but it likely won't hurt.
Wanna bet?
Old 09-30-2016, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

I did not say it was your fault.... I said you are doing it now instead of over the summer and that you got in a summer of boating. When they didnt make the power in the boat, when they didnt make the power on the dyno, we all knew they werent going to cut it, we just didnt know how bad they were. you squeezed out a season that you probably would have lost most of if you had to get and setup new cams and valve trains at the beginning of the season. You now have 7 months or so to do it. You gambled on it holding together over the season and it did, pretty much only chewing up the stuff you were going to replace anyways... I'd say you won that bet.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Wanna bet?
Pretty much guaranteed but I'm not here for that. Here learning some cam info and set up stuff.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say this sucks balls for you , I dont think anyone is pointing fingers at you at all. Was all this manufacturered on a monday or Friday, lol. After covering my ass, I'd be taking a drive a returning through the windows.
On a less dark note, you should see some gains at last, although you're pocket will be lightened... again.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok first of all, to say it won't hurt is stupid when you have zero clue about me or what I'm capable of, this thread isn't about that move on..
Pretty much guaranteed but I'm not here for that. Here learning some cam info and set up stuff.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm defensive, upset, bummed, and just sick of this whole mess... Just done. And very tempted to drive to Rochester.....
Originally Posted by buck35
I have to say this sucks balls for you , I dont think anyone is pointing fingers at you at all. Was all this manufacturered on a monday or Friday, lol. After covering my ass, I'd be taking a drive a returning through the windows.
On a less dark note, you should see some gains at last, although you're pocket will be lightened... again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.