Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 10-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Will try to, the person doing it is very thorough and I think my results will be much different this time, or at least right, really wish I went this route last time, buddy said if I can find a way to fit a spacer I should, worth a good 10 hp in every case he's seen... Gotta see if I can find space for it... New challenge lol
Originally Posted by Black Baja
Tim, it would be nice if the guy doing your head+intake could flow your heads. Then flow heads with the intake then with intake & carb. You would probably learn something...
Old 10-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I may send it in, told wet best a 4150 will do is 940 CFm... At best ever.
I don't know why you wouldn't.

You're gonna want to get on it. Dale is busy and your stuff gets worked on in the order it comes in no matter who you are.
I'd have him go through the both carbs and ensure ithey are what ithey are supposed to be. Just like the heads, it's not unheard of for parts to be assembled incorrectly or with the wrong parts.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Were these the cams u sent me cam card?
no,those were the 1075 cams,i think
Old 10-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will try to, the person doing it is very thorough and I think my results will be much different this time, or at least right, really wish I went this route last time, buddy said if I can find a way to fit a spacer I should, worth a good 10 hp in every case he's seen... Gotta see if I can find space for it... New challenge lol
I had a couple ideas from looking at your bildge pics to gain some clearance... I would make a top pan for your arrestor but i would recess the top of the pan in the center so the top of the nut is even with the top of the pan. It would have a cup so to speak. Also trim some height out of the mesh in the arrestor. And lastly. If the bottom pan has a lip on it so it sits of the top of the carb make a flat bottom pan for it. With all that you could end up with an inch or two. We have a good machinist that custom makes us tops and bottoms on a Bridgeport. He actually has a table the he uses to but a nice raidused lip in the pans. Where there is a will there is a way...
Old 10-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Moving on with fixing, giving bill intake tomorrow, and keep moving on, get other engine out of boat adapter and take apart, still gotta mix all this with other things in life and now fall cleanup of yard that takes a lot of time... And car work... And my job ... Lol ugh too busy!!
Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
I don't know why you wouldn't.

You're gonna want to get on it. Dale is busy and your stuff gets worked on in the order it comes in no matter who you are.
I'd have him go through the both carbs and ensure ithey are what ithey are supposed to be. Just like the heads, it's not unheard of for parts to be assembled incorrectly or with the wrong parts.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,217 Likes on 1,455 Posts

I may send it in, told wet best a 4150 will do is 940 CFm... At best ever.
A guy or two over at http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org may know already. If not, by bore size, venturi size, base plate, and booster.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

What you mean on top pan? Lost there lol

That being said about the mesh, I figure 3" is pushing it so I did t want to shorten it, wonder if anyone has flowed 3" vs 2" let's say... Hmm can't see it flowing enough but maybe? If I can go 2" I can add a 1" spacer
Originally Posted by Black Baja
I had a couple ideas from looking at your bildge pics to gain some clearance... I would make a top pan for your arrestor but i would recess the top of the pan in the center so the top of the nut is even with the top of the pan. It would have a cup so to speak. Also trim some height out of the mesh in the arrestor. And lastly. If the bottom pan has a lip on it so it sits of the top of the carb make a flat bottom pan for it. With all that you could end up with an inch or two. We have a good machinist that custom makes us tops and bottoms on a Bridgeport. He actually has a table the he uses to but a nice raidused lip in the pans. Where there is a will there is a way...
Old 10-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Moving on with fixing, giving bill intake tomorrow, and keep moving on, get other engine out of boat adapter and take apart, still gotta mix all this with other things in life and now fall cleanup of yard that takes a lot of time... And car work... And my job ... Lol ugh too busy!!
Such is life. Try building a boat from a bare hull with a 1 1/2 and a3 1/2 year old running around the shop.

On a side note.....we are all going to the track Friday night to blow off some steam and see if we can break our cars. You should blow the dust off the cobra and join us.
Give it some thought, be good to clear your head and burn some rubber!
Old 10-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I mean actual flow not calculations that's all
Originally Posted by SB
A guy or two over at http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org may know already. If not, by bore size, venturi size, base plate, and booster.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I can blow up the Cobra?? Lol J/K I beat that car as hard as I can every time I drive it lol

I might have to work this move Friday night so not sure but maybe... If I don't work
Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Such is life. Try building a boat from a bare hull with a 1 1/2 and a3 1/2 year old running around the shop.

On a side note.....we are all going to the track Friday night to blow off some steam and see if we can break our cars. You should blow the dust off the cobra and join us.
Give it some thought, be good to clear your head and burn some rubber!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.