What Carbs would you buy >

What Carbs would you buy

Notices

What Carbs would you buy

Old 09-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black Baja
No they didn't. Real muscle cars had 3 2bbl Rochesters...
Real slow ones...
Old 09-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
AFB.....what a turd.............I'll take the dual quad cross ram 302 or a 6 pack on a 427............426 Hemi big Holley ? ya I know

Hemis came with dual AFBs and 6 Packs were a Dodge thing, 6 BBL for Plymouth. 427 would have been Tri Power
Old 09-29-2016, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want reliable out of the box bolt on and go...look at what National Carburetor out of Jacksonville, Fl has to offer.

http://www.nationalcarburetors.com/m...rochester.aspx

Tough to beat at $200 each.

I run a pair of their Big Block Q-Jets on my twin 355 Vortecs and they have run flawlessly over the past few years. I took them out of the box...bolted them on...set the idle speed and enrichment screws (which was Damn close) and went boating. Q-Jets are often overlooked and overshadowed by ALL the others but they perform very well considering how simple they are. The older versions had a propensity to leak fuel from the bottom of the fuel bowl and they can be inherently lean on the primary side...but for the price they are a great option.

If you go with Holley...I would go with a 750 CFM 4150 Double Pumper. This may be more than you're willing to screw with ...considering adapters. linkage and fuel lines (not to mention the dollars)...but you will feel and enjoy the difference in overall performance and driveability.

Last edited by sprink58; 09-29-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have tuning kit needles hangers etc / for quadra jet if any one in ont
Old 09-29-2016, 08:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
If you want reliable out of the box bolt on and go...look at what National Carburetor out of Jacksonville, Fl has to offer.

http://www.nationalcarburetors.com/m...rochester.aspx

Tough to beat at $200 each.

I run a pair of their Big Block Q-Jets on my twin 355 Vortecs and they have run flawlessly over the past few years. I took them out of the box...bolted them on...set the idle speed and enrichment screws (which was Damn close) and went boating. Q-Jets are often overlooked and overshadowed by ALL the others but they perform very well considering how simple they are. The older versions had a propensity to leak fuel from the bottom of the fuel bowl and they can be inherently lean on the primary side...but for the price they are a great option.

If you go with Holley...I would go with a 750 CFM 4150 Double Pumper. This may be more than you're willing to screw with ...considering adapters. linkage and fuel lines (not to mention the dollars)...but you will feel and enjoy the difference in overall performance and driveability.
No thanks!
I bought a pile of $hit from them years ago for my little searay.
It had a tablespoon of shavings in the float bowl and was built up of whatever they pulled out of their stock. Complete mismatched set of parts from different series of carbs.
There's a good reason those carbs are cheap!
Old 09-29-2016, 12:47 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Black carbs do matter
Attached Thumbnails What Carbs would you buy-imag1966_1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2016, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,168 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
only time I been around one of those aerosols, was on a blow thru setup with Mike Tkach. They worked very well in that application, and Roger from C&S, talked us through some tuning on them, while on the dyno.
Why do they refer to them as aerosol ? looks like a bunch of work goes into replacing the venturi's section

Edit: appears their referring to the spray like nozzle to deliver the fuel

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 11-15-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 745 Likes on 337 Posts

Is a quadrant, Carter and Weber the same carb ?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with your setup, much like my Gibson's 350hp 454 crusaders, I switched to edelbrocks w/elect chokes years ago and work great, later mercs used the same basic carb made by weber up till EFI came along
Old 11-15-2016, 04:53 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,182 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Is a quadrant, Carter and Weber the same carb ?
Weber's and Edlebrocks. Not the quadrajet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.