Promaxx 320 flow numbers

Old 01-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 739 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Dangerous Website Blocked

You attempted to access:
http://stevenengine.com/proview.asp?id=53

This is a known dangerous website. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this website has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site
nothing from avast,,already book marked the site,,thanks all
Old 01-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Look up Steven Sun on facebook. Hes from Hangzhou, China
So what is the price point of these Chinesium castings? Looks intriguing.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

The reason I dumped my reworked Pro Comp heads was guys telling me my seats will fall out, so that leads me to wonder why the off brand castings are as good if not better then dart, afr, edelbrock? I know my afr were heavier then pro comps, I was told due to material used... just something to look into.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Dangerous Website Blocked

You attempted to access:
http://stevenengine.com/proview.asp?id=53

This is a known dangerous website. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this website has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site
Dude if I was AFR I'd be paying someone to hack their site showing every warning possible. Funny part is it's probably some little China men hacking from their little cubicle being paid off by AFR to fukk their own.

This was for a little humor and haven't looked up yet but the net is doing lots of weird chit lately. Gotta lot of space weather going on first quarter so be aware of blackouts.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Absolutely. I just saw on facebook, theres a guy from china, who has some castings that were copies of the afr heads. Suppsedly extremely cheap, and some guys have bought pallets of them, and said the castings were very clean.

While some may look at it as anti american, it could also go the other way. The big companies like dart and afr, have put a hige dent in the local machine shops income, by advertising bolt on ready quality. As you have said, the problem is, that just isnt the case.

With cheaper castings available, now the average consumer, can buy them, take them to their favorite head guy, and get a really nice performing and nice quality product, while still investing in our economy.

And before we get all high and mighty about the buy american thing, lets remember , the computer, cell phone, laptop, router, modem, and other things we utilize to be discussing this topic at the moment, are also made overseas ...

Same goes for most of the cranks and rods alot of us are running these days. Scat and eagle were supplying budget import cranks to the U.S. Then Callies was like F that, and came out with the compstar line. Which is a nice product. You think if scat and eagle never existed, callies would have randomly came out with an imported affordable crank option? Heck no. Competiton is what motivated them

Like Trump says, competition is good.
MT you had a lot of good points here that are often over looked. I have to agree with you. I, like you and most likely all others on this site do our best to purchase American made products. Of course you'd assume your getting not only a quality made product but also keeping the American man working but in reality like you touched on what actually creates and keeps more jobs here. A brand name plant spitting out boxed up cnc heads or imported heads that need the attention from your everyday hard working guy supporting a family. And that's just one example but could compare to several. I'm going back to molnar cranks and rods. They are not only shot preened, weighed, spec'd every in every manner psssible but they will go from factory near GR and completely rechecked all over again at my machine shop. WE just can't take our eyes completely off the overseas pieces altogether which yes helps in a since cause people are gonna buy it regardless. Not all of course but many. An seriously I don't even know what to believe any more when it comes to what's being made where anymore.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem with Chinese manufacturing is the lack of consistency. You get a good batch and next time a crappy batch. The QC can vary quite a bit.
This is not a knock on your decision to use these castings john. I get why you went this direction and the castings certainly look like decent stuff.
The competition of offshore offerings has compelled domestic manufacturers to compete to come close to the offshore price point and, I really believe that domestic quality has suffered because of this.
In general, I think the quality of a lot of goods has declined and I think globalization has contributed to this.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,182 Likes on 1,437 Posts

But to copy your product, have impoverished people working in bad working conditions make it, and then resell it in your own marketplace for 1/2 or more less using marketing that they copied your product ?

I'd stab'm in the eyeballs and then rip their cock off.

Last edited by SB; 01-16-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
The problem with Chinese manufacturing is the lack of consistency. You get a good batch and next time a crappy batch. The QC can vary quite a bit.
This is not a knock on your decision to use these castings john. I get why you went this direction and the castings certainly look like decent stuff.
The competition of offshore offerings has compelled domestic manufacturers to compete to come close to the offshore price point and, I really believe that domestic quality has suffered because of this.
In general, I think the quality of a lot of goods has declined and I think globalization has contributed to this.
I do agree but they've been getting much better with the inconsistencies as of last year or so. A lot depends on what company also I believe anyway. They are popping up everywhere over there. I always thought they were into the ninja bikes and little rice grinders bouncing off the rev limiters at street lights. Lol.

In regards to decision on heads is more of an experiment. If they weren't what they claimed to be I wouldn't bat an eye having ordering US head. Problem is though you face the same problems with them also. Ive had to send darts back for replacement, Read about problems with afrs. So original plan was to give profilers a shot but after Valako called today I'm glad I went the route i did so far any way. He's got a couple days on and off on an intake porting and taking measurements and said there is not one thing so far that has raised a flag. In fact the not only were the floors like competitions the uppers were plenty thick also. Plenty enough to take some material out after raising the floors.

If I get a messed up casting it will go back just like any other.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:24 PM
Registered

Again this was more of an experiment based on what I was told by a trust worthy person. Like mike tkach getrdun will be the ginipig on these. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Any flaw within reason they committed to return but said their quality control has been excellent since take over and new foundry.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My head guy said the same thing getrdunn. That what you are getting from the big companies, like dart, afr, etc, is MUCH better than they were 20 years ago. Still not perfect, but much better quality.

Im sure JimV has plenty of stories of aftermarket heads having issues right out of the box, irregardless of the name on the box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.