Livorsi shipping charges...

Notices

Livorsi shipping charges...

Old 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Don't get me started on the "signature required" stuff. I've had some stuff show up the past couple months, that was signature required, and it's SO infuriating for me. My wife and I both work...so nobody is home to sign. I end up having to drive 30 min each way to the UPS hub to pick up that stuff.

Voodoo outlined why companies do it, and i understand, but I wish there was an option to say "I will take responsibility for these packages if they get stolen....leave them on the porch of my house in BFE"
There is an option, you can fill out a release on line with the tracking # on the shippers website or fill out the paper notice the driver leaves and the driver will re-deliver the next day. You know without a signature you can file a claim saying it wasn't delivered and your credit card company will give you back all your money and the seller is out.

Last edited by VoodooRob; 03-07-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Mine didnt require a signature nor was I told what the shipping would be, believe me I asked, they said they wont know until its boxed and headed out the door, then I see the charge on my debit card, that's when I called them.............350 bucks ( 8 senders ) worth of parts that will fit in a bubble wrap envelope 35 bucks shipping, at the end of the day its not about the money, its the principle, I made it clear to them that I would avoid buying from them again.
I completely agree, taking advantage of the customer. My shop is set-up so if a customer calls an order in they get a complete cost and options for shipping, our website the same way. I call a business out that cannot give a real time cost for shipping on your order, thats bad business.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree on the free shipping thing, everyone understands it's not free, but in the price of the product. Love Amazon, there are very few things I have not been able to find. Have to look close though, a lot of times the first thing that shows up may not be the best deal. It's just the best deal for Amazon (closest to you).

I will place orders 1 day apart for one item each just to make sure I get the full benefit of my prime account, even though I think it is a great deal with all the extra benefits.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have dealt personally with Amazon headquarters and they stocked my products. We have a M.A.P. ( minimum advertised price) policy. Once they stocked our products I fought with them on policy compliance on a daily basis. They have computer metrics that will auto adjust pricing at certain times of the day. The programs would discount our products sometimes over 40%. Since Amazon used their buying power to stock their shelves they were purchasing at a distributor tier and discounting the retail price in great amounts. Many instances they were selling below what my dealers were buying for. This destroys distribution/support thru a dealer network. And it also strained our relationship with our worlwide distributors who have a total of over 6,000 dealers. I cut Amazon corporate loose after much debate and soul searching. The products that I have worked so hard to develop were being degraded and the name that took so long to build. It was hard turning away from Amazon purchase orders. Now we run an Amazon store that supports our dealers with the appropriate advertised pricing. Now dealers can sell at M.A.P. and are able to sell our products confidently. Amazon is about lining their pockets, they do not have any problem doing what they do to any business.
As a consumer, purchasing on line is mostly driven by price. I dont blame anyone for searching out the best deal. This is a manufucturer/distributor/retail issue that is going to make companies like Amazon, Ali Baba and Wal Mart the kings of internet commerce smothering anyone else, even the product manufacturers.

Last edited by VoodooRob; 03-08-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 926 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
I have dealt personally with Amazon headquarters and they stocked my products. We have a M.A.P. ( minimum advertised price) policy. Once they stocked our products I fought with them on policy compliance on a daily basis. They have computer metrics that will auto adjust pricing at certain times of the day. The programs would discount our products sometimes over 40%. Since Amazon used their buying power to stock their shelves they were purchasing at a distributor tier and discounting the retail price in great amounts. Many instances they were selling below what my dealers were buying for. This destroys distribution/support thru a dealer network. And it also strained our relationship with our worlwide distributors who have a total of over 6,000 dealers. I cut Amazon corporate loose after much debate and soul searching. The products that I have worked so hard to develop were being degraded and the name that took so long to build. It was hard turning away from Amazon purchase orders. Now we run an Amazon store that supports our dealers with the appropriate advertised pricing. Now dealers can sell at M.A.P. and are able to sell our products confidently. Amazon is about lining their pockets, they do not have any problem doing what they do to any business.
As a consumer, purchasing on line is mostly driven by price. I dont blame anyone for searching out the best deal. This is a manufucturer/distributor/retail issue that is going to make companies like Amazon, Ali Baba and Wal Mart the kings of internet commerce smothering anyone else, even the product manufacturers.
Interesting. Yes amazon is a business and there goal is to make lots of money. I know there are products sold through amazon that are not discounted, the same price you find for that product anywhere else. Any Sonos product off the top of my head. How do you think they get amazon to comply with a M A P?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what was the cost of the order, adding insurance to cover over $100 drives cost up as does where you live, certain area's in residential get a surcharge as well, I am a UPS shipper and the rates keep rising, I agree that it's out of control, and with online shipping now they are not hurting for business
Old 03-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,271 Likes on 1,465 Posts

If your asking me ? see post #28..........The cost of the order should not reflect shipping cost, its weight and size I did not ask for additional insurance nor did they provide any.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Interesting. Yes amazon is a business and there goal is to make lots of money. I know there are products sold through amazon that are not discounted, the same price you find for that product anywhere else. Any Sonos product off the top of my head. How do you think they get amazon to comply with a M A P?
Big companies have deep pockets and a dedicated legal team. GoPro has been able to hold them at bay also. Amazon uses their buying power as leverage, then corners the market on items by discounting to the point no other company can compete. The product gets devalued, brand recognition is tarnished and sooner than later the product is no longer profitable.

Last edited by VoodooRob; 03-08-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
There is an option, you can fill out a release on line with the tracking # on the shippers website or fill out the paper notice the driver leaves and the driver will re-deliver the next day.
I've done it before that way, but that isn't always an option. This specific shipper required a person to be present, and there was a note on the UPS site saying that the shipper had elected to not allow it do be done any other way. Really frustrating.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I've done it before that way, but that isn't always an option. This specific shipper required a person to be present, and there was a note on the UPS site saying that the shipper had elected to not allow it do be done any other way. Really frustrating.
That seller most likely was tired of getting ripped off and set a policy. It's frustrating for the honest people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.