Length of cables

Notices

Length of cables

Old 04-01-2017, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Length of cables

Does anyone know the cable lengths or model #'s of the red drive position indicator cables on a 1992 35 fountain lightning signature with bravo 1's..

Thanks
Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the cables are marked, usually morse 33c length on the cable
Old 04-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 117 Likes on 71 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566052[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566053[/ATTACH]

Just went through this with my boat. My starboard trim indicator cable was marked on the cockpit end and after a couple hours of searching I found replacement one I needed on Amazon. The last digits is the length in inches. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Length of cables-img_1670.jpg   Length of cables-img_1854.jpg  
Old 04-04-2017, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by distantthunder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566052[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566053[/ATTACH]

Just went through this with my boat. My starboard trim indicator cable was marked on the cockpit end and after a couple hours of searching I found replacement one I needed on Amazon. The last digits is the length in inches. Good luck!
I was hoping not to take the dash apart 2x... Thanks for the response
Old 04-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting ready to do the cables on my 98 Fountain Fever 32 (hp 500's). Anyone have any advice on performing this job? Would it be easier to do them all at once? Would you start from the drive end and work your way forward? Hanks in advance
Old 04-25-2017, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 117 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryder47
I'm getting ready to do the cables on my 98 Fountain Fever 32 (hp 500's). Anyone have any advice on performing this job? Would it be easier to do them all at once? Would you start from the drive end and work your way forward? Hanks in advance
I just did one on my Formula as mentioned above then found that there is 2 more that are on their way out. The one that i replaced (Starboard Trim) was fairly simple. The hardest parts were attaching it to indicator panel at the helm and actuator on the outdrive. I used the old cable to pull the new cable (taped together) through the boat (back to front). The new cable was laid out behind the boat in a straight line and my son fed it through the thru hull fitting while I gently guided it through the clamps and my cousin pulled the old/new one at the helm. 3 people to do the job but it went quick and easy without bending the cable. Took about an hour to get it in. Not familiar with the Fountain layout but the Formula had a good amount of room to get everything swapped out. Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Greatly appreciated.