Noisy lifter >

Noisy lifter

Notices

Noisy lifter

Old 06-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I was always under the understanding, that a solid roller camshaft, has lash ramps built into the cam lobes. One cam grinder i spoke to a while back, advised against running solids on a hydraulic cam lobe, as it could be hard on things.

A buddy of mine had some 509s that had that setup, and the valvetrain suffered some parts failures after not alot of hours . I do know some guys run that setup and have good luck.
That is what I have previously thought and been told. I'm not one to spend my hard earned money foolishly so I'll stick with what I have. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,296 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicss42
I'm not one to spend my hard earned money foolishly so I'll stick with what I have. Thanks.
If you're not comfortable or know what you are doing, definitely stick with the norm.
It's something the guy who helps me has done 20+ yrs with good results. I have ran the same 2 sets of solids in my engines for 11 years. Been sent out to Isky once for rebuilds. It's all good if we are all out boating!

Mild, you coming up to Mi this summer?
Old 06-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
If you're not comfortable or know what you are doing, definitely stick with the norm.
It's something the guy who helps me has done 20+ yrs with good results. I have ran the same 2 sets of solids in my engines for 11 years. Been sent out to Isky once for rebuilds. It's all good if we are all out boating!

Mild, you coming up to Mi this summer?
Im closing on a new house soon, and will be moving. . Boat is ready to go, but not sure how much boating time I will actually have this summer. Will be nice having my boat at my own house 24/7 with a pole barn, should allow me more time to get little chit done that i just never had time to do.

I may get up your way late in summer. Really like grand haven last year when we stayed for a weekend , wanna check out some of the downtown options next time i go back
Old 06-12-2017, 02:36 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,326 Likes on 1,489 Posts

Congrats MT !
Old 06-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Congrats MT !

Thanks Scott. Looking forward to getting out of the city, away from the noise, traffic, crime, etc. It was fun when I was younger, now ,not so much. Looking forward to coming home from work, and being able to do something to the boat in my own garage , rather than have to ruin every weekend in the off season doing boat stuff. Since thats the only time i had to get out to icdedppls place to work on it.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,296 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Im closing on a new house soon, and will be moving. . Boat is ready to go, but not sure how much boating time I will actually have this summer. Will be nice having my boat at my own house 24/7 with a pole barn, should allow me more time to get little chit done that i just never had time to do.

I may get up your way late in summer. Really like grand haven last year when we stayed for a weekend , wanna check out some of the downtown options next time i go back
Congratulations! Yes, when you make it back it would be great to meet up. I just bought some land and pole barn to store my boats and work on as I'd like. It's over by the lake shore so it's a little ways away. Convenient for boating just a little inconvenient for working.